Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The brown Santa stopped by my work on Friday and dropped off my new fork - the sweet '07 Fox Float 140RLC. Should be an awesome addition to the 5.5.

And yes, it fits on a medium WITHOUT hitting. It's DARN close, but it doesn't hit

I'm taking it out Tuesday evening for the fork's maiden ride. I'll try to post feedback once I get home.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, took the pics in my cube ;) Yeah, the red stickers are a bit obvious, but they are specific to the '07's. I'll probably leave them on for a while and then pull 'em off for the "stealth" look. :)

I know you want one. All good things come in due time.....LOL!

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
A-C measurement yet?

So these things are or are not available to common folk at the moment?

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
E-man's "connected" so who knows if their available to the rest of us.

I may just have to get me one of those as a gift to myself for my birthday in September. Unfortunately, I won't be able to put in on my bike until I get back from Japan in late November - my company won't let me ride a bike there, because they're afraid I may not be able to ride a bicycle safely. BAWAAHAAA!!!. E, did I tell you that? Funny, huh! And this has nothing to do with my messed up wrist (from a dirt bike, not a bicycle), nor does it have anything to do with the ride I did with Ken last week where he crashed and broke his elbow (although the word is getting out around my work, and now people are getting scared to ride with me).

·
Registered
182 Posts
New here, but I thought I would chime in. I just ordered a vanilla 32 RLC 140 for my 5.5. I'll have it Friday and hope to install it and get some rides in this weekend. I'll post my comments on Tuesday. I'm taking off a Reba SL 115, so I'm sure there will be a significant change in bike handling and feel.

·
SLO Mtn biker!
165 Posts
Looks good on your stealth machine! Except those red stickers are god awful ugly! WTF was Fox thinking? Their stuff always looks totally sweet, so I can't believe they did that!

Also, I'm pleasantly suprised your crown doesn't hit the downtube. My older Van125RLC smashes the dials right into it and has actually chipped the paint. :(

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kidwoo said:
A-C measurement yet?

So these things are or are not available to common folk at the moment?
The A-C measurement is 510mm according to Fox. On the bike, the perceived feeling is that it's noticibly taller than my Minute Two.

I took it out last night for it's first ride and only one word comes to mind - INCREDIBLE! The bike feels very well balanced and feels more confidence inspiring than my Minute ever did. It's buttery-smooth and tracks extremely well.

Quite a bit of Fox's '07 line is available. They started shipping the Floats about 2 weeks ago. However, since their website still has the '06 product line showing, most of the public doesn't know that the '07's exist. Good shops should know, though ;)

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
E-man said:
The A-C measurement is 510mm according to Fox. On the bike, the perceived feeling is that it's noticibly taller than my Minute Two.

I took it out last night for it's first ride and only one word comes to mind - INCREDIBLE! The bike feels very well balanced and feels more confidence inspiring than my Minute ever did. It's buttery-smooth and tracks extremely well.

Quite a bit of Fox's '07 line is available. They started shipping the Floats about 2 weeks ago. However, since their website still has the '06 product line showing, most of the public doesn't know that the '07's exist. Good shops should know, though ;)
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I asked Fox directly. You'd think this info would be posted on their website, but nooo.......

I'd think the '07 Talas should be the same height as I'm pretty sure they share the same crown, stantions, and lowers.

·
Registered
412 Posts
E-man said:
I asked Fox directly. You'd think this info would be posted on their website, but nooo.......

I'd think the '07 Talas should be the same height as I'm pretty sure they share the same crown, stantions, and lowers.
I suspect that is the case also. Maybe I just keep my '06 Talas RLC with Ventana 4mm race... rides about the same height. I heard good things about the new tuning on the '07 Float. I would be curious to see how that compares to a PUSH'ed float, if anyone has been able to make a comparison yet.

-sus13

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.