Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just lost the platform in the first quarter of travel on my 07' Epic Marathon. Unfortunatley I bought the bike used so I assume I am not covered under warranty. Two questios.

1. Does anyone know how much Specialized will charge me to rebuild the shock?

2. Can I take it off and send it myself to save the money the bike shop would charge me for labor?

Thanks. Tom.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Epic Failure

I would give you LBS and Specialized a chance to fix your shock even though you are not the original owner. Specialized is replacing thousands of epic AFR shocks and does it with basically no questions asked. Take it in to a dealer and see what they can/ will do for you. Taking the shock off of an epic takes about 50 seconds so if they charge you more then 5 bucks for that they are screwing you.

As far as the Fox goes its a great shock, and I don't think the AFR is any better or worse really as far as function is concerned. The Fox is a much more reliable unit will gove you less problems in the future. My only concern is that they are not making them at all anymore so what is the avalibility or parts going to be like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.