Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
prices

Well my dealer is out a the specialized dealer only thing right now, and got to ride one of the new enduro SL's, he says they track amazing, and that they make any trail seem smooth. As for prices, this is what he told me:

Enduro SL Comp $2500

Enduro SL Expert $3200

Enduro SL Carbon $6600

That is what he was told, but they figures could change slightly, he said the entire SL line will weight under 29lbs :thumbsup: , so even the SL Aluminum frame will have a good weight to it, and all of the bikes will feature the same exact fork and shock, so you will only be paying more for the component kit that you want. He said there will be 5 Enduros in the SL line, 2 of them will be carbon and the other 3 will be aluminum. They are also thinking of producing a "rolling chassis" to sell, it will come with the frame, front fork, rear shock, and wheels, the rest is up to you, it sounds really cool.

They bad news is the 07 enduro SL line wont be available till October:mad:

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one more thing...

one more thing, i dont know if everyone knew this or not, but the new specialized dual crown fork weighs 4lbs :eekster: I wonder if any of them will come with the new fox 36 float? :skep:

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more prices

Here is the other prices:

S-Works Enduro Carbon -- 6500

Enduro Pro Carbon --5500 :D

Enduro Pro Aluminum --4500

Enduro Pro Carbon Frameset --2800
(includes front fork, shock, and wheels)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Specialized Web Site

Is anyone else having problems getting into their web site to see the new 07's?

Can't find bike model -1 .
sid=07SWMTB? - section = [email protected]

message=java.lang.Exception: Section 0 not found.

prod=null

Thanks,

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just order Endure SL S-works

Was told by lbs that they will not be relased now until about March of 07. They are having problems with the fork and do not want to relase it yet. My local bike shop had just talket to ther rep, and the rep had just benn to headquarters.

Was also told that if you want one early that you had better pre order them because tyhay are goint to got fast in the beginning.

Now I just have to wait, I HATE waiting for my toys

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
phew... that's probably a good thing, because I've started getting new bike lust. But if the bike doesn't exist, I've got more of a chance to beat the bug!

(or save up for it....)

·
Registered
56 Posts
skiahh said:
phew... that's probably a good thing, because I've started getting new bike lust. But if the bike doesn't exist, I've got more of a chance to beat the bug!

(or save up for it....)
Yeah this delay has counted the SL out as an option for myself also. Not sure what to get now, probably a Enduro Expert, also thinking along the lines of a Commencal Meta 5.5/Yeti 575/Scott Ransom or something similar.

·
Bike Breaker.
1,764 Posts
Met my lbs guy at the trail today found out the pro should be here for me appx Jan 12 onwards, the pre-orders (including) mine went quite a few weeks ago.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
spangleycandy said:
Yeah this delay has counted the SL out as an option for myself also. Not sure what to get now, probably a Enduro Expert, also thinking along the lines of a Commencal Meta 5.5/Yeti 575/Scott Ransom or something similar.
That Ransom is a sweet looking bike, if scott was more available here in the US, i would have one in a heartbeat.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that was from awhile ago before the the SL's were released i believe, that was the prices my dealer quoted me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just wondering, what is a good price on a bike, like how much off the sticker is fair to both you and not insulting the shop?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Spesh has an suggested retail for the bikes. For example, an 05 enduro comp might have sold for 7,000 - 7,300 (you know they did!... j/k for those who didn't accept my attempt at sarcasim). The dealer then chooses to go off any of the prices indicated. Obviously, it is very rare, if even it ever happens, that a retailer goes above the sugg retail. The only time I can think of this happening is if a shop includes some type of 3 year service/extended warrenty or maybe if they only get 3 enduro pros in, and it becomes a battle of 'who wants it the most!' But still, doubtfull. Many shops do offer prices below sug retail if they really want a sale, or want to be the shop with the lowest price, ect... More common. Anyways, thats how shops price their bikes, usually. Advertised or sugg retail. So, better yet, ask your shop! If it's a shop you won't ever be back to buy anything again because you buy online, I reccomend don't push too much, as it might annoy the employee. If you're a common, well-liked customer, see how far you can get. Never hurts to ask. But, respect the employee's answer, and don't threaten to buy elsewhere. It just leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth. They do talk about you, once you leave you know...:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts