Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new 29er from my LBS Friday. I went out to ride and I heard a rattling noise. I finally find the rattle and it was the water bottle bolts. I figured they needed tightended but they wouldn't tightin up. The piece in the frame just was spinning, so checking into more 4 out of the 6 were that way and wouldn't even come out, and I also noticed by the back tire the frame looked dingy. The rear brackets didn't look like they were even polished out. It is a raw frame but I didn't figure it would be that raw. Do you think that it is to much to expect a $1700 bike to have flaws like that or am I being to picky? Any replies appreciated.

·
Light, Strong and Long
194 Posts
Bring it back to the shop where you bought it and have them look at it, tell them whats wrong and see what they'll do about it. I"m pretty sure those bottle cage inserts can be tightened up with the correct tool.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
Many of the frames look that way, it's a raw frame, not a polished frame, there's a distinct difference. No warranty would be forthcoming, it's how it is supposed to look. As for the bottle cage mount, 15 second repair at any dealer worth having a sign on the door........;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.