Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding yesterday for a few hours and when I got home I was fooling around on my bike in the driveway and noticed my forks were sticking badly. They are normally butter smooth and always have been so I am not sure what the problem is. I just had them rebuilt a few months ago so everything should be okay. Any ideas as to what the problem could be before I take them apart?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
How much riding do you do in 'a few months'???

Watch this, and do what Tim does. http://dirtmountainbike.com/news/how-to-maintain-your-boxxer-forks.html

Notice his recomendation for performing this service every 10 - 20 hours of riding

Slick honey for the seal grease...heavy for oil or synth motor oil for the bushing lube.

Are you familiar with how the gate and LSC works? If you play with these, you can replicate the feel of stiction (kind of fun thing to do to a friend when not looking).

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
should be pulling the lowers and regreasing and oiling after around 10hrs of riding, like previously said.

every other weekend of riding i usually service the lowers. do it enough, it can turn into 15-20min job. simple stuff to keep your fork running smooth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.