Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lbs has 06Enduro frameset(the pic is the actual frame at lbs). Size S fits my riding style---quick/jump/drop/fun/play...----- and very interested. However, would like to know if this frame can handle some occational drops ( 1~1.7m) and jumps as well as ladder bridge type obstacles. I`ve seen some 05Enduros being broke at chain stays. Oh, & what are the differecne between Enduro and Enduro SX, other than shock difference(air/coil) and stroke (150/168) ?? I`m still in research....

Attachments

·
noMAD man
12,210 Posts
Look at posts below by Downhillfaster. I'm sure he'll chime in, but just in case he has his face buried in the turkey, you'll see his posts where he's airing his '05 model out fairly well. We're a Specialized dealer, so I'll comment on the frame cracking deal. As I understand it's an '05 issue, Specialized replaces the part with an upgraded part, and the '06 models already have the mod. The SX and Enduro frames are the same, but they use different front shock mounts. The SX has a longer shock body and stroke on its DHX coil.

Downhillfaster now has a 5th E coil on his '05 (replaced 5th Air), but this new DHX Air seems pretty tough. Even Zachdank is running the DHX Air on a Scream when used for trail duty. I have one on a Bullit but not enough time to give a reliability report. Do a search for the exact way Downhillfaster types his name and do it just for this forum for the last month, and you'll see some good jumping pics on his Enduro from Arizona.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 06 Enduro Elite has been holding up to aggressive XC w/ some 3-4 foot drops. As a note I'm a light rider at 140 lbs. The DHX Air, is ok in my opinion, not great, just ok. If I were to use it as a true freeride bike I'd go with a the SX Trail II or go with the Coil 5th, which I might just do anyway.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
the enduro frame set up right could handle some freeriding. just adjust the dhx air for what you want to do. the enduro sxt would probably be a better choice if you didn't want to worry as much because it has the dhx coil. guys seriously rip on enduro sxt's just watch kyle strait or bearclaw. the sxt frame mite be made a little differently but im not sure

·
noMAD man
12,210 Posts
With the exception...

RobsterCraw said:
The Endo will work fine for most trail riding and such. But if you want a bike to take to your ski lifts the SX trail is a better bet.
of the front shock mounting hardware and the shock, aren't the frames the same?

·
Bike Breaker.
1,764 Posts
Strong

I also have a small, and plan to do up to 4' jumps, and ladder stuff when they're built around here, i find it's a ver stable bike and love the low cenre of gravity i'ts a very stable bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
catnash said:
I also have a small, and plan to do up to 4' jumps, and ladder stuff when they're built around here, i find it's a ver stable bike and love the low cenre of gravity i'ts a very stable bike.
Killer bike bro!

Me likey!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks !

Thanks all for your kind comments/advise. Wherever I see the reviews/comments on enduro series, I hear sx is always ''better'' for FR, which I really understand. I do ride trails aggresively with some jumps/drops, yet, would like to have something rather lighter for all day fun. I`m glad spc. modified the chainstay : ) . I`ll check some of the action pics of enduro & do some futher study on those DHX air shox.

By the way, ''IF'' I decide to get this frame, I`m building with FOX36van / deemax..... I know SX would for these builds, but somehow, DHX-air keeps me interested. & I want something light that can handle some abuse. (the ultimate ideal bike.....) :D

Thnx guys !

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
TNC said:
of the front shock mounting hardware and the shock, aren't the frames the same?
I thought the SXT frame was slightly beefed up. I know it gets more real wheel travel than the SX. Not sure.

Cracked chainstays get replaced under warranty with o6 chainstays which have been changed slightly.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Dude, I got my eye on the 06 SXII...SICK! I'm fairly light (160lbs soaking wet). I'm planning on charging all of our local road gaps the same as when I had my Primo or Demo. The SXII will be my main FR/DH/Trail bike. If it breaks...Specialized is really good about that stuff. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts