Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
aka...appBLING72
Joined
·
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The fork is really BRAND NEW. Maybe 4-5 rides on it, just
enough for it to feel the Marzocchi plush. Not a scratch on it. Anywhere.
Again, it literally has just been broken in that's all. Great deal on a fork that
retails new $749 and up. Just trying to make back a little of my money on it to
get another fork. Serious offers only.

Price - $650 OBO

Mtbr link:

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin...sults_format=long&db_id=96665&query=retrieval


This item is also listed on ebay at this address:

Copy this link and paste in your browser:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7208359706
 

Attachments

·
aka...appBLING72
Joined
·
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drumstix said:
Going for a longer fork on the 6.6 bro?
Yeah I think so. I ordered a 66SL since it is the same weight with more travel. I hear it feels as good as the coils, so we'll see. Also, I think it will slacken my HA just that extra little bit.


I have posted an ad here on MTBR, so I hope people don't get mad, I was just trying to let you regulars in on a deal before everyone and their mom hears about it.
 

·
not so super...
Joined
·
11,465 Posts
drumstix said:
Going for a longer fork on the 6.6 bro?
It was killing him that I would have a 66SL on the pack and he would be riding a Z1.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,284 Posts
aappling72 said:
Yeah I think so. I ordered a 66SL since it is the same weight with more travel. I hear it feels as good as the coils, so we'll see. Also, I think it will slacken my HA just that extra little bit.


I have posted an ad here on MTBR, so I hope people don't get mad, I was just trying to let you regulars in on a deal before everyone and their mom hears about it.

Have you measured the head angle by any chance? Im debating if I should order reducer flush cup for the lower head tube or a CC headset that would raise the front end about a 1/2". I would like 68deg or less HA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,284 Posts
SSINGA said:
It was killing him that I would have a 66SL on the pack and he would be riding a Z1.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have the fork now on the Pack?
 

·
not so super...
Joined
·
11,465 Posts
drumstix said:
Do you have the fork now on the Pack?
Arrives Monday.

Sad news - seems a euro Homer tried the fit on a small Pack this morning and it does not clear the down tube. I ordered a 4mm tall CK race made by Ventana to see if that makes it work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,284 Posts
SSINGA said:
Arrives Monday.

Sad news - seems a euro Homer tried the fit on a small Pack this morning and it does not clear the down tube. I ordered a 4mm tall CK race made by Ventana to see if that makes it work.

The Fox Vav36 didnt clear the Pack either. If you get a chance, see what she weighs.
 

·
not so super...
Joined
·
11,465 Posts
drumstix said:
The Fox Vav36 didnt clear the Pack either. If you get a chance, see what she weighs.
weights from my feedback sports digi scale

66SL full steerer and axle = 5.66lbs - 2570g
66SL full steerer w/o axle = 5.44lbs - 2470g

the 4mm crown makes it fit like a glove!
 

·
a tight kick sound
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
Wow

We all must be in some weird space-time warp! I am ordering a zoke 66sl as well.
This is getting a litlle strange with you fellas in GA!! :D

Happy New Year!

Booner

ps: Drumstix check your pms! I am interested in your wheels!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,284 Posts
boone said:
We all must be in some weird space-time warp! I am ordering a zoke 66sl as well.
This is getting a litlle strange with you fellas in GA!! :D

Happy New Year!

Booner

ps: Drumstix check your pms! I am interested in your wheels!

Opps, missed that one!
 

·
not so super...
Joined
·
11,465 Posts
boone said:
We all must be in some weird space-time warp! I am ordering a zoke 66sl as well.
This is getting a litlle strange with you fellas in GA!! :D

Happy New Year!

Booner

ps: Drumstix check your pms! I am interested in your wheels!
Yeah - that space time-warp is called MTBR!!!!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top