Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ripped the dropout off my switch this afternoon... tagged an un-movable rock while carving a hard/fast right... dropout did it's job and saved the derailleur and rear wheel... so, sad about the situation, but very happy with the dropout design.

So, where do I get replacement derailleur hangers?

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Your Rocky dealer for an OE hanger, or North Shore Billet or Blackspire for a beefier CNC one. You can also add a NSB Hanger Banger to help beef it up but you start to increase the risk of damaging the derailleur as you stiffen up the hanger.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys... I went ahead and ordered a few... easy fix if you've got the hanger on hand.
I went with the replacement style... I'd rather loose the hanger than mess up the derailleur or worse, the frame.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, i ended up going thru Jenson... got derailleur hangers(3) made by Wheels... model #68. Arrived in 2 days!
Fits perfect, is more beefy than the original, came with new hardware for mounting, and is powder coated black.
Neat-o.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$20.00 ea., and shipping was $13.95.
There was a website that had the Wheels #68 hanger for $17.99, and only ~8 for shipping, but, I'd never heard of them... so I went with what I had heard was a repuatable buisness.
I was suprised to get new hardware and powdercoat finish... not that bare alum. is gonna rust...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.