Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bearings in one of my pedals on my 06 Stinky are already shot and I had only used my bike twice when that happened. Has anyone else experienced this. I'm wondering if it's something covered by warranty, or if it's just that they're cheap pedals and they just go?

Other than that, the bike is great. I'm just workin' out the rebound CLANK noise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I already checked with them and they weren't to sure. They just said that the pedals were cheap and then started recommending other ones. I figured I would check with the mtbr.com community first and also Kona.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sounds like they were trying to upsell you something else. Just tell them you want a warranty replacement or at least they can check into it for you.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
I bent the spindles on my Jacksh!t Primos after about 2.5 years and 3 bikes. So I started running the unsealed ones that I had sitting around. Been a good few months, and they're still doing well. I drilled a small hole in the body and just pump grease in every now and then.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kona said that they'll upgrade your pedals to the sealed ones at a discount if you break the old ones. It turns out that my dealer is just going to replace my pedals under warranty. So far Kona is great!!!

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
I work for a class 4 Kona dealer. I've already had those pedals for practically forever. It died on the third bike it's been on. Seeing as how they're so cheap, I got more than enough use out of them.

Cool on the warranty for your pedals though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts