Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ebxtreme said:
If you're running a dual ring setup, I'd go for this. I've got it on my big bike and it works great. You'll need to get the one that sandwiches between the BB and NOT the ISCG mount version though.

http://www.blackspire.com/chain-guides/stinger
Already got one of those on my Enduro :thumbsup:
Was really looking for a single ring setup for the Stinky, as its gonna be my downhill rig. Its more than enough bike for the UK!

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
If you get an ISCG guide, you can purchase a e-type adapter for it. You clamp the adapter between the frame and the bottom bracket cup, and essentially acts like ISCG tabs.

e13 and MRP both make some great guides. I've had good luck with both.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Actually, the stinger only comes as a dual ring and can be modified to work on a single ring with another guard plate. I checked with Blackspire to be sure. Here was the response.

"Yes! You are correct. For your Stinky you need the E-type(BB mount) version of the Stinger. Yes, we only sell it in the dual ring configuration....it can easily be converted to a single ring setup just by using the Blackspire Blackguard plate in place of the granny ring."

best regards,
Aaron Hart
Blackspire Designs Ltd.
#5 - 730 Eaton Way
Delta, BC
V3M 6J9
(604)522-6644
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.