Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up this fork & need an oil change/seals/spring swapout.

Perhaps I am missing it on the SRAM website... other than spring/preload setup, I'm not feeling the love for the '06 coil service destructions. Can I assume the coil Pike is pretty close?

It should be straight forward, but it would be nice to know stock oil weights, volume & such.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
They did not always make a specific tech doc for every single fork back when they were doing individual docs. This is because the technology is the same in all the forks (or they just had to many forks to get all the docs written). Solo air, dual air, u-turn, motion control, etc are all implemented in the exact same maner in each and every fork they are in (just different sizes for the applicaiton).

For '09 and '2010 they got smart and simply did one large tech doc that is divided by specific service/technology rather than fork model.

So, yes any fork that uses the same spring design that your fork does, would be an appropriate document to use (IMO the 2010 full fork doc should be all you need as for procedures). You will however need to find the oil volumes for your particular fork. As travel has changed over the years in the same model, oil volumes can change as well, so you will want to cross check this information.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts