Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just seeing if anyone has done this yet.

Has anyone tried throwing an 08 rfx rocker onto an 06 rfx? An extra .4 inches? Is it worth it? Would it work? Can I still use the same DHX 5.0 coil?

Thanks!

~John

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Even if it fit and did not create interference with the seat-tube, you would end up reducing travel with a stock '06 shock (7.5x2.0) and not increasing it. The new rockers give a lower average leverage ratio than the old ones.

If you want more travel on the '06 RFX, the 7-pack option is your best bet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, thanks for that info. The 7 pack huh? Anyone done that? How much travel would I get then? Would that affect the riding negativally? I am assuming that it would not be as good at xc, but i am okay with that. It is tempting.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Huck Your Meat said:
Wow, thanks for that info. The 7 pack huh? Anyone done that? How much travel would I get then? Would that affect the riding negativally? I am assuming that it would not be as good at xc, but i am okay with that. It is tempting.
Tscheesy and Zilla have both done it with very slightly different stroke shocks - pm them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.