Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, bought 07' Giant Reign 6" frame and while it slowly ships to my doorstep i need to all the dimensions/measurements to help me buy Correct parts for my bike.
Seatpost is 30.9, but the rest is mystery.

Thank You very much!

PS. And please tell some good stuff from my new frame!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
seat post clamp and front derailleur should be 34.9mm, head tube size for the fork is 1 1/8" , not sure what else you would need dimensions for. post up your potential build kit as well

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
BB shell should be 68mm as w/ the Trance as to BB width if you get the external bearing type crankset you don't really need to worry about that, if you're going w/ an older style ISIS, square taper or Shimano's implementation of the ISIS then I believe you would need a 113mm wide BB spindle.

The framesets normally come with seatpost clamp and headset - it's internal FYI if you didn't already know.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
All right, Thanks! Now i just need to find decent BB and one awesome 170mm dual ring crank set! No so easy. C.R.C is the place where i do my shopping.
Also need chainguide that works without ISCG-mounts.

Then there some question in my mind that im way too embarrassed to ask, so i have to figure them out by my self.

This was supposed to be peace of cake.

Things i have already madeup my mind.

- Marzocchi AM1 SL
- Hope Pro 2 hubs
- DT Swiss EX 5.1
- Saint brakes
- Sram x.9 mech+trigger
- Thomson elite + WTB Rocket
- Syncros Gain handlebar
- Syncros BearHug stem
- Shimano XT Cranks HollowTech II & BB M761
- Xpedo MX Force MX 3 pedals

Good thing is im not in a hurry... Frame is still on the way... Should be here in week or two.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
pro 2 hubs are sweet, i like mine a lot. i've been thinking of getting something like a e13 DRS since you can get it with the e type bb mount. I may try out a stinger since its so cheap. it looks like you're going with a pretty strong build, are you going to get the new 2007 AM1 or the older model? the 07's have 20mm t/a which is freakin sweet. Also if you can, get the pro 2 rear hub with 10mm t/a and pick up a hadley 10mm axle. for a stem, can't go wrong with a thomson, handlebars are all personal preference i guess. For the cranks, i've been running M760 XT's for a year with no problems are all. for pedals i like my wellgo mg-1 flats

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank TK for the info. 2007 Marzocchi AM1 SL , yes indeed!
Strong, you say? Well with my riding style and skill i need ALL the strenght i can get, but without it being too heavy.

Light but strong. Thats my goal. Dont know if i can get there, but im going to try anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.