Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How different are the 06 pads from the 05's?

Second question is that I have been told pads are not available, except for the oem Hope versions. I would like something a bit better, perhaps something sintered, but are there any available from any manufacturer, particularly Galfer, or in the pipeline? Does Hope make any higher performance versions of their pads or just one type?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
How different are the 06 pads from the 05's?

Second question is that I have been told pads are not available, except for the oem Hope versions. I would like something a bit better, perhaps something sintered, but are there any available from any manufacturer, particularly Galfer, or in the pipeline? Does Hope make any higher performance versions of their pads or just one type?
I thought the stock pads were sintered?

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know, perhaps they are sintered. I just got the brakes and haven't had the chance to pull them. If they are sintered, they could be a bit better. I bedded them in well and they are still merely adequate.

Now I emailed galfer and got a bounce indicating the email address they have on their site no longer exists.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
You know, perhaps they are sintered. I just got the brakes and haven't had the chance to pull them. If they are sintered, they could be a bit better. I bedded them in well and they are still merely adequate.

Now I emailed galfer and got a bounce indicating the email address they have on their site no longer exists.
Sintered pads can take a long time to fully bed (even a dozen 15-20 mile rides) and your power will increase (till they are fully bedded)

If you have only had them out a few times give them a bit more time to bed. The upside(the reason for the long bed on sintered pads) is that the pad life-span could easily be 4-8 times organic or semi-metalic pads (koolstop and galfer are semi's)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.