Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I hope someone can help me. I am trying to fit my Juicy seven front caliper to my new 66 SL forks. The forks have a post pount (as apposed to the IS mount I was using on the old ones. The distance between the posts is fine but when tightened down the raised part of my 160mm 'roundagon' disc catches on the caliper. I think I just need some spacers to push the caliper out a little further away from the disk. Is this correct? I have had a search for them but came up blank.

can anyone help.?

cheers

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
Post a pic please, if it isn't what Will's thinking...

Reason: There's been a small bit of clearance issues with the newer Marzocchi and Fox forks in relation to the rotor, and the Avid juicy's. Mostly in my case (in which it's the CPS pivot assembly touching the rotor~barely) all you need is a different shaped adapter to solve the issue. The CPS assembly, which, for the most part consists of the small v-brake pivot assemblies, can also be played with, if indeed it is the top face surface hitting up into the caliper. If you've some spare bits around, using the taller of the two v-brake pivot assemblies closest to the fork tab, with the washer there too, will give you the additional ~1mm clearance to get the rotor to stop rubbing the inner assembly of the caliper. If it's however the situation I have, contact Avid and explain the situation and what set-up you're running, they'll know the best options for making things right!

:) Obi..

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Right, manufacturing tolerances and tolerances to the international standard could be giving you this problem. V-brake washers are perfect for spacing it out. you can even replace the convex and concave pieces with ones that have a taller profile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.