·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
It's a tossup

The Warrior has the SRAM X.7 drivetrain, which I like. It also has 5" travel. I can't tell a difference between the Splice Comp and Elite Models, but my guess is that the Comp on the Warrior might have less bells and whistles. That may or may not mean anything to you. The Ibex on the other hand probably has a more sophisticated rear linkage for it's suspension. Coupled with the Manitou shock, which is probably again more sophistiocated than the Warrior's Vanilla, this makes for a better tuned rear suspension. The rest is pretty much equal. Both bikes have their pros and cons. My money goes to the Ibex, unless the 5" travel vs 4" travel makes a difference to you.

Bob

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don't ownt he ibex but i'm loving my 06 warrior pro. The linkage is only a single pivot but the vanilla R rear shock has pro pedal and i don't have any bob when seated ever, or standing in the middle chain ring.
You will probably need some new springs. The coil shocks are probably best for your weight.

Any other questions let me know.
Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.