Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help me put my girl on a diet, i know bathroom scales aren't super accurate but i weighed myself then held the bike and checked the scale, 36lbs? does that sound right? i knew it was heavy but damn. it's all factory aside from CB candy c's and a WTB saddle, is dropping 4lbs or so do-able without breaking the bank? do tell

·
Registered
962 Posts
yep, tires tubes and wheels. Then probably a lighter fork if possible. XT or XTR components make a difference. Same goes with top of the line SRAM. Less weight usually means more money. Hee hee hee, your wallet's gonna loose some weight too.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have the same bike and had the same concern about the weight. the biggest weight saving you can make on that bike is to replace the front fork - almost 6 pounds by it self. I looked around and found a REBA race at performance bike for 375.00 installed brand new. With other replacement parts ID 4 5.0 now tips the scales at 31.0 pounds. a very noticable difference.

·
Registered
413 Posts
and not to mention that the stock fork is a piece of crap. If you replace the fork with a quality air sprung fork you notice a difference in your riding ability also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Idriver said:
and not to mention that the stock fork is a piece of crap. If you replace the fork with a quality air sprung fork you notice a difference in your riding ability also.
yea i'm not too big on the fork, i keep up with the guys i ride with but i'm always beat to crap after the fact while they're looking fresh :D , the tires seem heavy, they're the stock "tiogas" or whatever, so.. ghetto tubeless conversion with some nevegals (spell check) and a decent air fork, anything else?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.