Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
zip it up, zip it out
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 giant yukon

it comes with deore rear derailer, spine drive crank, hayes mech. discs

the question is this a good bike for a guy that is just getting back on a bike and didnt have hardly any cash ?

Riding will be easier state park trails, as well as peddlining around with the girl friend

the main idea when buying this bike was to have fun first and foremost

your thoughts please

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
It's a nice bike

There are a few bikes in the sub $500 range that have decent specs to them and the Yukon is definitely one of them. Given what you intend to do with the bike, it should be fine. If you've test ridden it and like it, then don't overanalyze. Make the purchase and start riding. If you're inclined to shop around, by all mens look at a few others. Just keep in mind it can get overwhelming, and you'll get a million different spins on a given bike from a million different people. I'm just one of those million, so take my word for what it's worth.

Bottom line, if the bike fits, and you like it, buy it. It's a decent bike.

Bob

·
zip it up, zip it out
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks cylde i actually did buy it yesterday i just wanted to get an opinon

i like like the way it felt and the pricing was good, but man is it odd to ride a bike with a front shock as i have never rdden on before its very very inique feeling but over all i am pretty happy

Saturday will be my first actual trail ride castlewood park,STL MO i cant wait

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Enjoy the bike

Don't second guess your purchase, you've bought a nice bike for your intended usage.
Just go out, ride and have fun. Be sure to post a ride report after you've had the bike out on the trails.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts