Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a significant difference in performance between the two? I have an 07 stumpy pro with the AFR and love it. I have an in on a carbon 06 that I may get. I have always wanted to ride carbon, but I dont want to go backwards in shock performance. Would it even be worth it or possible to swap shocks to gain the performance back?

JMC

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
JMCCRNA said:
Is there a significant difference in performance between the two? I have an 07 stumpy pro with the AFR and love it. I have an in on a carbon 06 that I may get. I have always wanted to ride carbon, but I dont want to go backwards in shock performance. Would it even be worth it or possible to swap shocks to gain the performance back?

JMC
I also have an 07 stumpy in expert build , the bike came with the fox brain set up ,
I had to play around alot with the valving and blow off to get the fox to work well for me.

I also got the AFR for the bike , and I prefer it over the stock fox ----------------,once I got the fox valved and working well , I can use either and have no problems .

It will all be up to what you want .

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, I will keep the other frame around till I ride the fox shock. Its good to know they are interchangeable.

JMC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.