Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey spec forum:

I just finished building up a new (well, new to me) Epic Marathon frame. There's a little wiggle (and by little I mean little) in the rear suspension. I suspect the main BB pivot is loose. I can't find any specs for the M5 alloy frame; the only manuals online, as well as the one that came with the bike, list specs for the carbon frame. I wanted to go through and check to see that everything is to spec before I go with a new bushing kit.

On a side note: holy crap, this thing rips! I took it out for the first time today and I am fighting the urge to blow off more responsibilities to ride while the weather is as nice as it is. Pics soon!

·
Registered
182 Posts
First you need a inch/lb torque wrech - it has to read in inch/lb, second you need some blue locktite to reasemble everything.I just went online "specialized.com" everything is there you need...schematics and torque specifacations..go to the site...and follow these steps to get there..click on support,next click on owners mannual, next documentation achive on the left side,next suspension, next 06, next 06 epic...download it and you will have everything you need.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for tryin, but I have the tools and I've searched through Specialized's document archives. If you take a look at the '06 Epic manuals, you will see that the only torque specs listed seem to be for a carbon frame. It doesn't say that they are specifically for carbon frames, but the title of the page before the torque value table says "FSR Carbon Manual" and the illustrations are of the carbon frame. I'm assuming that the alloy specs will be higher than the carbon's.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for going through the work to post the pics. Yep; it's the one that came with the frame and the one on the Spec site. If they worked for you I'll just use them. Did your frame have a slight vertical "clunk" when you checked (i.e. from looseness) it?

·
Rep Power Infinity +2
1,539 Posts
BoulderMike said:
Thanks for going through the work to post the pics. Yep; it's the one that came with the frame and the one on the Spec site. If they worked for you I'll just use them. Did your frame have a slight vertical "clunk" when you checked (i.e. from looseness) it?

No clunks, just a bit of brake rub when cornering

1 - 8 of 8 Posts