Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 06 specialized enduro and it came with marzocchi all mountain sl, and the fox dhx3.0. I am having trouble setting the fork up correctly. The manual is so general, and doesn't even have my model in it. I am 280 and ride aggressive xc/am. I have about 10 psi per leg to get 25% sag. That just seems low. Is this correct.

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Yeah, that's an OEM-only fork. We sold one of those model Enduros. If I recall, that was a relatively simple fork that has none of the bells and whistles of the version listed in the manual. I'd concentrate more on putzing with the air pressure to attain full travel first. I don't remember any external compression adjuster, and I'm not sure I even remember an external rebound knob. I'm pretty sure the damper was a very basic SSV style. Is the positive air pressure the only adjustment you have on that fork?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Positive air, and rebound are the only adjustments on that fork. And it is the noisiest forks I've ever heard, and it is new three days of hard xc riding. Still hasn't quieted down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.