Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any personal experience with this fork? I've heard bad things about the adjustability, the top-out seemed pretty bad. I am thinking about getting a coiler, this is the stock fork. I would be doing general freeride, 3 - 10 ft. drops, but some climbing also. Would it be worth upgrading? If so, recommendations w/ prices please

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ive got one.... :(

I have the fork on my 2006 Norco Sasquatch... Its not the best, obviously. Although i haven't had any troubles with it. The main reason being i weigh 60kg (145lbs?), but i can hear the oil squish when i compress the fork... i think i need to change the oil. I have no experience with adjusting the air preload/ oil levels, however, i am sure some guys here will suggest that you can add heavier weight oil, and pump more air into the air preload chamber (with a shock pump).

But overall i find the fork good for my current ability (because of my weight), i have done 5ft drops and havent bottomed it.

I need to upgrade. Some guys will say a RockShox PIKE, because they are known to be very versatile. Also, the Marzocchi 66 series. Fox Van 36, there are alot of options.

Hoped i gave you some useful info.

Cheers,
Laurence

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have it on my 06 coiler and really don't like it much. I don't even wanta ride my bike until I can afford to get a different fork it sucks so bad. It makes the worst top out noise when lifting up the bars and doesn't do much in the way of absorbing the bumpy sections. It seems to do okay for doing drops though. Anyway you'll probably love the bike, but see if you can do some sort of swap deal for a better fork when you get it. I'm either going to get a RS PIKE or Marz Z1 Light ETa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.