Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MTBR Mafia
1,553 Posts
Well wrond section but ill tell ya.

The stab is the most tecnological defficient bike out there. It hasnt changed and doesnt have anything worth talking about. Its a long travel stinky that does not ride great.

I am not a fan of the demo geometry but i feel its a better overall bike.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
cdub said:
Well wrond section but ill tell ya.

The stab is the most tecnological defficient bike out there. It hasnt changed and doesnt have anything worth talking about. Its a long travel stinky that does not ride great.

I am not a fan of the demo geometry but i feel its a better overall bike.
true, but the Demo will ride a 100 times better

·
Registered
22 Posts
I tend to favor the best after-sales support, ie the best LBS. Either bike is able to win the DH world championship or the RB Rampage, so factor in the cost of the bike (2006 closeout sale ?) and the professionalism of the retailer.

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Imperial said:
My friend has a Stab Supreme and i can tell you the Stab is no crap bike,he love's it,its a world cup winning bike,heard of Fabien Barel before?

Everyone on here will say the Demo,so if i was you i would get some feedback from people who own a Stab Supreme before you just go and get the Demo,
For the record, Fabien is a world cup winner, not his bike. You just have to try both bikes to realize how far behind the Stab is technologically speaking. Yeah its got the right geometry but that's where it ends for me.Every single Kona I tried were a huge pile of $%&*... I guess you need to be Fabien to truly get all the potential out of those bikes…

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hard to prove you I've ridden a Kona before...Its up to you to believe me or not I guess.The sad part is while I’m enjoying a fun bike you are still riding your cheap, rattling, creaking, brake jacking , axle bender ,thing call a Kona...( I know , I know they're not that bad)

Oh BTW one of my friends is a sales rep for Kona...even him couldn’t convince me to ride one of his bikes. They are all crappy bikes TO ME... maybe they aren’t to you .I respect that and I would still go for a ride with you even if you ride a Kona ;)

·
Registered
832 Posts
tuumbaq said:
Hard to prove you I've ridden a Kona before...Its up to you to believe me or not I guess.The sad part is while I'm enjoying a fun bike you are still riding your cheap, rattling, creaking, brake jacking , axle bender ,thing call a Kona...( I know , I know they're not that bad)
;)
Who said i ride a Kona? look at my name,this is what i ride,

i have owned 6 Kona's and 3 Specialized,none of the Kona's i owned rattled, creaked,or anything else,i had a Muni Mula for 7 years without a single problem,i dont own one now cause the bike i have fits my need's.

Your just another Kona basher,stop chatting BS.

·
Registered
510 Posts
i have owned 6 Kona's and 3 Specialized,none of the Kona's i owned rattled, creaked,or anything else,i had a Muni Mula for 7 years without a single problem,i dont own one now cause the bike i have fits my need's.

Your just another Kona basher,stop chatting BS.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're not even in the right league!!!You sure have a nice solid hardtail BUT THE GUYS IS ASKING OPINIONS ON A FULL SUSPENSION BIKE!As far as I remember a Muni Mula was an hardtail as well...As for the rattling, I was referring to their full sus.bikes base upon my own experiences.

I simply don't like Kona and I have my own reasons to believe that. Now I think I'll keep chatting if you don't mind, I don't need you to tell me what to do thank you.

PS why do you think there is so many Kona bashers out there? :skep:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Owning a Demo obviously I'm a little biased but Demo pedals better IMO. I've ridden Konas, and didn't like the feel of the suspension and the way they pedal.

I do think Konas are a good value, and overall a great bike but my money goes to the Demo.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've got a '05 Stab Supreme and would take a Demo over it any day. Isn't the Demo a couple $K more?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.