Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
nice marmot.
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bling factor is high but which would you choose?!
ps. first post:thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dam!!...I own a Dakar and rarely bling is associated with this frame (although it performs very well!)...Yeti is definitely the blingier of the two.

·
nice marmot.
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$$$$$ vs $$$

so i'd love the yeti but MSRP on the pro disc is like 5300!!!!:eekster: it sounds like i could get the xc pro for @ 3650... am i getting ripped off or is that about average? this is with the specs listed @jamisbikes.com. i geuss i'm just looking for someone to tell me i'd be stooooopid for dropping said amount on the yeti.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
I'm sure you could get it a lot cheaper than that. I know a guy that sells a lot of Yetis at very competitive prices. It's an amazing bike and worth every penny but you don't have to pay that much. If you end up really wanting one, I'll get you in touch with him or his shop manager.

I had a Yeti ASR-SL till a month ago. If I had to buy one short-to-medium travel XC bike or XC Racer again, that would be it. It's blingy, light, stiff, and fast as a XC Racer. It also makes a great trailbike, which is how I had it set up.

·
nice marmot.
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really?!

Flyer said:
I'm sure you could get it a lot cheaper than that. I know a guy that sells a lot of Yetis at very competitive prices. It's an amazing bike and worth every penny but you don't have to pay that much. If you end up really wanting one, I'll get you in touch with him or his shop manager.

I had a Yeti ASR-SL till a month ago. If I had to buy one short-to-medium travel XC bike or XC Racer again, that would be it. It's blingy, light, stiff, and fast as a XC Racer. It also makes a great trailbike, which is how I had it set up.
wow:thumbsup: totally serious about the yeti but was scared of the price tag. would love any info you can give. i live in breckenridge and their HQ/build-site is in golden if i am not mistaken. let me know how we can do this. thanks a ton. you :rockon:

·
Registered
141 Posts
At that price difference consider going with the Jamis. It's still a great bike and will suit you well...but look at it this way:

Yeti Bike $5300
Jamis Bike $3650
Money Saved with Jamis Bike $1650

A quick search on the internet tells me that the Yeti frame is around $1400, you can get the Jamis bike, ride it for a couple of years, then buy the Yeti frame and fork out less than going with the Yeti in the first place. Who knows, you may end up being content with the Jamis and not want to upgrade at all? I also think if you search around you can get that Jamis cheaper as well, maybe $3000 or less.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
The Yeti frame you are probably referring to is the 575 at $1,400. The made-in Golden ASR-SL frame is around $2,200. That one is handmade in Golden, Colorado, and has the carbon swingarm and chainstay. They are very different. I've owned both and at the same time. The ASR-SL is a rocket. It is a XC Racer that makes a blazing fast trailbike (3.7" of travel) while the 575 is more of a long-travel trail bike with almost 6" of travel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts