Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking for a six inch bike, under $2000, I'm leaning toward the 06 Coiler. I do all mountain riding now, nothing bigger than five feet on my hardtail. I'm looking for a fairly lightweight bike. I want a bike for some jumping, drops up to 10+ feet, hopefully easy to pedal. Is the suspension smooth over small bumps and bigger hits? The fork felt like it topped out every time I lifted the wheel. Does anyone have any experience with that? Is it a durable bike? I am pretty light (under 140). Any other suggestions welcome.:)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I get to beat Dogonfr :D

Check out the Versus blitz, you should be able to get it built by adrenalinebike.com with thier "fr" or "hone" kit for under your budget.

Other than that, I have heard good stuff about the coiler, I think Shiggy has one too,

Matt

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! Coiler! :thumbsup:

Kona bikes are tough as hell, have decent components and are cheap (for what you get). I think the Coiler is going to be more of a trail bike than the Versus. You can still do a lot with it, though.

·
3,179 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Blitz is really heavy for the travel you get. Look at an Ellsworth moment or a Turner RFX. Same travel and at least 3 lbs lighter than the Blitz. Not to mention made in the USA, not Taiwan.

·
3,179 Posts
dogonfr said:
My '05 weighs in at 39.65 lbs with DH components, it needs to go on a diet & i should be able to get to about 34 lbs if not less. :)
I just asked them how much a Blitz 2 frame weighs, and they said that a Large with DHX air weighs 9.5 lbs. That's two pounds heavier than what I have now, but then again I'm breaking what I have now for no apparent reason. If I transferred everything from my bike to a Blitz, it would weigh 36.5 pounds, which is the same as a Coiler.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Guyechka said:
I just asked them how much a Blitz 2 frame weighs, and they said that a Large with DHX air weighs 9.5 lbs. That's two pounds heavier than what I have now, but then again I'm breaking what I have now for no apparent reason. If I transferred everything from my bike to a Blitz, it would weigh 36.5 pounds, which is the same as a Coiler.
Sounds like a game plan :):)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.