Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Racer
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the lowers off my boxxer to see if I dent i had went all the way to the inside (it did) and now I'm reading the service manual and it says only to put 15 ml of 15 cc oil in the lowers of the right side. Why not the left side? I thought I saw oil come out of the left side when I took them off. Anyways, I called rs and they said I had to go through my dealer to get new lowers, which I will, but does any1 know how much replacements cost? thanks guys.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
First, the reason you saw oil come out of the left leg is the oil you pour in the top runs out into the bottom, it's basically there to lube the bushings, spring and seals, as it moves around.

Second, your lowers will cost you @ $180usd. Bikeman.com, which has pretty average pricing, sells them for $181.95usd.

Sorry to hear about your lowers, good luck.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
metalMTB said:
damn i just ordered some new lowers out of qbp. they are insanely cheap! Now I have black so It will match my demo nicely.
Yean the prices aren't that bad, unless your paying retail. The shop I worked at in Ohio got me 06 Motion Control parts to upgrade my 05 Boxxer Team, after checking the prices it was a steal compared to getting a new fork. Congrats!:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.