Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi got a new unbuilt 06/07 sumo frame in copper, ask the LBS to put the crank and rings on, new SLX......the bike mechanic has said to me there will be a problem with the triple ring chainset and the chain with alingement/shifting, he has not fitted the correct spacers saying that this will help the problem when I come to fit the chain and mechs, have you had any issues? Anysuggestions?is this correct???:skep:

All help appreciated! :thumbsup:

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
Hicksville said:
Hi got a new unbuilt 06/07 sumo frame in copper, ask the LBS to put the crank and rings on, new SLX......the bike mechanic has said to me there will be a problem with the triple ring chainset and the chain with alingement/shifting, he has not fitted the correct spacers saying that this will help the problem when I come to fit the chain and mechs, have you had any issues? Anysuggestions?is this correct???:skep:

All help appreciated! :thumbsup:
I've never used a triple ring setup. Sorry. Not sure why a triple wouldn't work though.

I've had no issues shifting using a dual ring setup with blackspire stinger.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
The only thing similar to this I had happen to me on my 05, was when I tried to put the Original Saint crankset on. The mech (and he sounded knowledgable) said he tried everything and couldn't get it to work. I forget what the exact issue was, maybe a chainline issue. In any event, went with Raceface DH, since there was more flexibility there. I think it was something to do with the cups/integrated crankarm-BB length.

Someone here should know. No problems with current setup, except that the BB sounds like its full of gravel, and occasionally seizes after a wet ride. /shrug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.