Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
Yes, what are the issues with the Yeti ?!

A friend just ordered one after issues with the rocky ETSX-90 he'd ordered previously (rocky screwed up and doesn't have any production carbon rear ends).

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
I saw one at Sea Otter at the Yeti booth.

Carbon stays and all. The guy didn't indicate any production problems...although he said it wasn't quite available yet.

IIRC, frame weight of 5.1lbs with shock...but don't quote me on that.

·
Custom User Title
7,430 Posts
Mr. Scary said:
This is one one of the problems with small builders who consume themselves with unimportant things as opposed to running their business efficiently.
What inefficiency in Yeti business are you talking about? You are intimately familiar with them? Do they owe anything to you? Or you are just talking out of you as_s, as usual?

They sell all the bikes they care to make, and their bikes are quite good. Given their size, their ability to produce interesting designs, like 303 is impressive.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The 05 definitely has the carbon "flex joint" but not the entire stay, one of my riding mate down-under has been riding one for a month or so... however I do question the longevity of the carbon flex joint.

·
Custom User Title
7,430 Posts
WOY said:
however I do question the longevity of the carbon flex joint.
There is a lot of 575 riders out there - I yet to hear a report on it breaking. I would bet it will last longer then a typical pivot.

I have Ti one on my AS-R, great solution.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Mr. Scary said:
Your friend might see the frame in the fall, if he's lucky. Once again, I don't like to engage in irresponsible speculation but the Ti link bikes were available last year right? They announce that the new frame will have a carbon link and chainstay for '05. But nobody has seen one, I believe I have painted a clear enough picture. Tell your friend not to bother with the ARC hardtail either (order one if you don't believe me and sit back and WAIT). This is one one of the problems with small builders who consume themselves with unimportant things as opposed to running their business efficiently.
The do exist, Mr T Lowe was racing around on one at the NORBA's last year, he also done a few races in Australia on it too I am pretty sure. Wheather they are into production or not is a different question.

Agreed on the obove statement- RD is all good but it doesnt get bikes out of the factory any quicker- what do they need a carbon link for anyways. A few grams- saccrificing durability in the long run isnt going to win you any races, or buy you any respect from customers...

However you can park a few Yeti frames in my shed anyday ;-)

·
10,939 Posts
Mr. Scary said:
Your friend might see the frame in the fall, if he's lucky. Once again, I don't like to engage in irresponsible speculation
Bullpoop...that's all you do is engage in irresponsible speculation.

·
10,939 Posts
CulBaire said:
Agreed on the obove statement- RD is all good but it doesnt get bikes out of the factory any quicker- what do they need a carbon link for anyways. A few grams- saccrificing durability in the long run isnt going to win you any races, or buy you any respect from customers...
Yeti's been working with CF composites for over a decade now, and properly executed, a CF link would be more durable than one in any other material. CF parts have near-inifinite fatigue life. Its the peak impact loads that do them in. Cannondale and Trek have both proven carbon flex-links work just fine with rear suspension bikes (fuels and scalpels) and slingshot has been using a composite flex link on their frames for 20 years now, albeit fiberglass ones.

·
No. Just No.
5,368 Posts
Mr. Scary said:
I am merely relaying the situation as it has been relayed to me.
It's been relayed to me that you're a dork, but please take this with a grain of salt since it is second hand information and may or may not necessarily reflect the opinions of this poster. I am merely relaying the situation as it has been relayed to me.

·
Custom User Title
7,430 Posts
Mr. Scary said:
There is nothing wrong with brand loyalty, but not everything runs as planned, and in this case it appears that it has not. End of story!
There are plenty of makers out there with longish wait periods. In your tirade I tooke exception with the statements about Yeti business model and assumptions that they sell vaporware. They do not, and it is their business to produce and deliver as they see fit. I have not seen any example of them lying or falsely advertizing.

What was planned? What did not run as "planned"? Could you point on their, say website, and point when they promised anything to you they did not deliver? You seem to be intimately familiar with their production, but you do not show anything but hot air and bad attitute.

You are right, it has nothing to do with brand loyalty.

·
Registered
48 Posts
WOY said:
The 05 definitely has the carbon "flex joint" but not the entire stay, one of my riding mate down-under has been riding one for a month or so... however I do question the longevity of the carbon flex joint.
You're definitely wrong, guy ;)
Here is a pictue taken this week-end at the first XC world cup in Spa Francorchamps (Belgium). This ASR-SL was on the stand of the belian importer and they are available right now. Don't know anything about the weigh and the price in Europe but they have carbon stays AND flex joints!

Note, there is a aluminium protection on the left stay.

Attachments

·
www.yetifan.com
722 Posts
someones talking total shite!!

There are currently 2 (that I know of) Carbon stayed AS-Rs riding round in the UK, Sure one was the first, and made Yeti of the month in NOVEMBER 2004 !! here!!!!!

the other was on order for a long time, but they are filtering through. there are dealers out there with them, both in europe and USA.

Andrew

·
On your left.
1,188 Posts
how about your Yeti grassroots sponsorship?

Whatever happened with that? What bike are you racing this year?

Mr. Scary said:
2005 model year bikes should be available in late 2004. Long lead times are generally displayed by "custom" manufacturers. Can you imagine Trek telling Lance that they cannot get him a Madone, or not having any ready for their customers (who wish to emulate Lance)? Talk about missed marketing and sales opportunities. My tirade, what tirade? Somebody asked for a weight, and I said good luck finding one. If that's a tirade, you need to get out of the house more. I know of a guy that is glad he held on to his 2004 ASR-SL, because he has no idea when he will recieve his 2005. I also know of another guy that sold his 2004 ASR-SL, and is now riding a Fisher AC/DC while he waits for his new bike (that was supposed to have shipped in February). I never said they weren't good bikes (both guys liked their bikes, that is why they ordered the 2005), I just said their availability is scarce. I am not intimately aware of Yeti's production schedules, but getting product out should be JOB1. So far, all of the pictures shown are at Pro races, no "Regular Joe" has popped up with one. Unfortunately for you AXE, you THINK your responses ooze intelligence, but they don't.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just one think: I've took my pictures during the first XC World Cup, but it was NOT on a Yeti stand! It was on the belgian Yeti importer stand, and they said me they are now very easily available (maybe two or three weeks)

·
Custom User Title
7,430 Posts
Mr. Scary said:
2005 model year bikes should be available in late 2004.
Who told you that? They do not owe you a single thing. Obviously, 575 and ASX lines provide enough cache flow and visibility for them to do what the hell they like. Such as designing and testing unique engineering solutions and making folks trip over themself and wait for months to get new doodads (I did not dispute that part, though personally I got my AS-R shipped in a couple days, and picked up a Koko for cheap online before that).

It sounds like a grudge, smells like a grudge, it must be a grudge.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.