Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How different is the 05 vs the 06 Cake DLX frames? How much is performance affected/problems solved and is it worth the extra money if I can get a used pre-06 Cake DLX frame as opposed to buying a 06 Cake DLX frame. Have problems from before 05 been fixed for 05? Or are they still as persistent as the first year models?

Also, does anyone know the cost of a 06 Cake DLX frame from Gary Fisher?

·
Registered
32 Posts
synkronized23 said:
How different is the 05 vs the 06 Cake DLX frames? How much is performance affected/problems solved and is it worth the extra money if I can get a used pre-06 Cake DLX frame as opposed to buying a 06 Cake DLX frame. Have problems from before 05 been fixed for 05? Or are they still as persistent as the first year models?

Also, does anyone know the cost of a 06 Cake DLX frame from Gary Fisher?
You should be looking for the frame with the lower top tube that is absolutely same with the 06 series of Cake frames but it has been sold with 05 bikes as well. The lower top tube gives a complete different feeling as it is much more confortable and I somehow think also stiffer compared to the older series. I do think that the pivot problems were solved with the 05 series; hence there shouldnt be any difference there.
I have had the Cake DLX for two years and if the pivot problem has been solved then it is a great bike, with the 06 series being eventually a bit better.
If it justifies the purchase of a new 06 series frame you will have to decide by yourself and it depends certainly on available offerings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.