Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
medium toptube specs incorrect

tl1 said:
They look great, I'm a sucker for that nice style "Van Dessel" script on the downtube, and are a pretty good deal too. The 19.25"/ L hardtail model is specified as having a 22" top tube though. Shorter than the M model. That surely can't be right, can it?

I asked him about the top tube, he responded (when asked about it) ...

Thanks for pointing that out.. The medium has a top tube of 58.5cm..not sure
what that is in inches right now. Small is 56.5, large 62. Those are
virtual top tube lengths in cm.

We'll get that updated in the next couple weeks.

Thanks,
Edwin

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
tl1 said:
The 19.25"/ L hardtail model is specified as having a 22" top tube though. Shorter than the M model. That surely can't be right, can it?
It's probably 23" like the FS. Somewhat short, but then the seat angle is pretty steep. The chainstay length on the FS must be wrong too.

That looks suspiciously like a Horst Link on the FS; can anyone confirm? It would be nice to know how much travel it packs too.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I like the new graphics on the bikes. Nice to see Van Dessel back in business again with new stuff. If I had the dough, I'd get that hardtail Buzz Bomb w/ the Rohloff.

Only one comment...
The standover for the FS models looks to be on the taller with the straight top tube. I think 29er FS bikes should be designed with the bent top tube like the Fishers.

·
Basura Blanca
1,799 Posts
How tough is it to divide 62 by 2.54? Seems like the Large has a 24.4 "virtual" TT according to Edwin.
- Joe (whose wife has a nice green swoopy old-fashion Country Road Bob)

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Talked...

...to the non-Edwin guy today about the FS BB - he didn't now squat about it.

Horst? "...I dunno..." Travel? "...I dunno..." WB 1.0 air or coil? "...I dunno..."

Not to be overly negative, just surprised that such a small company didn't know everything about their products.

It appears to be a Horst-link design and my guess/hope is that the $1799 model comes with an RP3 and Air 1.0. Still no idea as to travel but with a 17" CS my guess is that it doesn't exceed 80mm.

Sean

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Suicyco said:
I asked him about the top tube, he responded (when asked about it) ...

Thanks for pointing that out.. The medium has a top tube of 58.5cm..not sure
what that is in inches right now. Small is 56.5, large 62. Those are
virtual top tube lengths in cm.

We'll get that updated in the next couple weeks.

Thanks,
Edwin
Those lengths correspond to the Medium, Large, and XL sizes on the hardtail. Does the FS really come with a full size longer top tube relative to the hardtail, or is someone missing something here?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.