Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
It's time to replace my front shock. This is my first mountain bike and I have never bought a shock. The frame is still in great shape after 4 seasons and I believe this frame is worth upgrading for more years of service. I was wondering what would be a good shock to put on this bike. Might I go from the 75mm to a 100mm without any issues?

Thanks for your knowledge

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops said shock instead of fork, see I'm new with this :)

Oops said shock instead of fork, see I'm new with this :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input, XC...I think.

I ride at the 1996 Olymipic trail 2 times a week. It has a couple 1 foot drops and a few humps to catch a bit of air. Seems like I've read this fits into XC. Other than that it's just kinda bumpy on the downhills.

I've decided on the 2008 Marzocchi MX Pro Lo 100 mm from Jenson. I am debating whether to add a Hayes or Avid mechanical disc brake to the front while I'm changing things out. Looks like I can a new wheel and brake for about 125 more.

Thanks

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Avid it is. Thanks for the links, I check them out.

Avid it is. Thanks for the links, I check them out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BB7's

dogonfr said:
:lol: :lol: Sounds like the fork is handled already. :thumbsup:

When you talk mechanical disc brakes there is only 1 name Avid. If your budget allows go for the BB7's. :cornut:

QUOTE]

thanks dogonfr. I like the BB7. I have all these parts on now :D . I will try to post a pic for ya'll to see my upgraded ride.

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help. See profile pic of new fork.

I could not figure out how to post a pic. Please see my profile for this fine new fork and brakes. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Buckshot,
It rides great. My 75 mm RST had gotten stiff. The front end is higher so that is a little bit weird but I am getting used to it. Love the extra travel. It seems smoother since it has more room to move. The shock has helped me get down hills faster and the lockout improves the uphills, especially when I stand up. I almost got a Dart 3 but found better reviews here on the MX Pro Lo. It's only my first bike and second fork but I think it's real good for under $200

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.