Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody please walk me through the best way to set up the DHX 5.0 on my 2005 V10. I am not very suspension savy and I want to make sure I get the best out of the bike. I weigh 175-180 lbs and need advice on air pressure, bottom out setting and Propedal. I think I have the rebound set-up where i need it but I want the ride to be plush without bottoming out on bigger hits or bobbing too much (a tall order I know).

Thanks for any help!

Bob

·
Absurd
919 Posts
boner said:
Can somebody please walk me through the best way to set up the DHX 5.0 on my 2005 V10. I am not very suspension savy and I want to make sure I get the best out of the bike. I weigh 175-180 lbs and need advice on air pressure, bottom out setting and Propedal. I think I have the rebound set-up where i need it but I want the ride to be plush without bottoming out on bigger hits or bobbing too much (a tall order I know).

Thanks for any help!

Bob
I would start with the way Santa Cruz suggests in the set up guide and go from there. I am about 185-190 with all my gear, and I found the stock 450# spring to be a little soft, so I just switched to a 500. When on the 450, I ran the air a little higher. SC says to start at 150, but I moved it up to around 165-170. For DH, 7 clicks from all the way closed on the Propedal, 1.5 rings out from all the way in on the bottom out, about 7-8 clicks on the rebound and 1.5 turns on pre-load. Everyones riding preferences are different, so start with that and just experiment as much as possible. And have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.