Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I seldom post here at MTBR but I wanted to share this buildup in the Ibex section...

Drivetrain:
Truvative Stylo Team crankset with Giga X Pipe BB
SRAM PG990 cassette
SRAM PC990 chain
SRAM XO rear der
SRAM XGen front der

Everything else:
Easton MG60 120mm stem
Easton EC70 carbon flat bar
Bontrager Race XXX Lite carbon seatpost
Selle Italia SLR saddle
Bontrager Race X Lite wheels
SRAM XO shorty grip shifters
Avid Single Digit 7 brakes - Speed Dial 7 levers
Avid flak jacket cables
Manitou Skareb Super 100 fork with remote lockout

I think that's everything. I should have everything done this week and will followup with pictures.
I've been very pleased with the look of the frame and can't wait to finally ride the thing.

Dave
Nashville Mountain Bike / Team NMB

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok here it is

This picture isn't the greatest but I will get a better on tomorrow when it's not raining and dark :mad: It came in at 23 lbs. I was thinking it would be a bit lighter but that aint bad. Better pedals (using old pair of shimano spd's) would probably help.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Respectable weight

Dave Moore said:
This picture isn't the greatest but I will get a better on tomorrow when it's not raining and dark :mad: It came in at 23 lbs. I was thinking it would be a bit lighter but that aint bad. Better pedals (using old pair of shimano spd's) would probably help.

23 lbs isn't too shabby, especially considering that the frame isn't necessarily marketed as a lightweight frame. Looks very nice. I trust you'll be racing it with the club?

Send more pics and a ride report once you've taken it out.

Best Wishes,

Bob

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have any new pictures that are any better so I'll hold off on that but I did get to ride for a couple of hours on Saturday.

The results are that I am very happy with what I have. It climbs very well, fits me perfectly, shifts like a dream....nutshell is that it has turned out to be a great bike thus far.

2 hours in the saddle and I had no lower back pain which is the norm on my old bike due to it being too small for me.

Racing is the whole reason I built this frame up in addition to the fact I didn't want to go into debt on a new bike. The cost was more but I paid no interest on anything.

We're (Team NMB) in our first season as an official team in Tennessee and I wanted a decent XC race bike. Looks like my wish was granted :)

I have to thank Jack at Ibex. He's answered questions and picked up the phone personally every time I've called. I've not needed service but being able to reach someone quickly is a very big plus. Great job.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Team NMB results

Keep us posted on how things go this year with Team NMB racing. I'm hoping you're able to post a couple pics of you on the podium as a result of the Trophy. I'm sure it would bring a smile to Jack's face, too. As for Ibex customer service, if you read through the threads and product reviews, it's something that everyone comments on, and it's almost exclusively positive. They stand behind their products, and the fact that you can get someone like Jack to answer your calls is a nice perk.

Best wishes for a succesful racing season, and don't forget to report back.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.