Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade from my schwinn mesa gs and have decided on getting a stumpjumper HT.

I've found a 05 stumpy disc online for about $650 used. Everything is stock and is in excellent condition. However, I am worried that since it is already 3 years old I will have to have the fox fork rebuilt soon.

I've also found a stock 07 stumpy comp for about $900 used. I'm still working on a finalized price with the seller. This was hardly used and is in immaculate condition.

Is the extra $250 worth it? Any ideas or other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
yes it is, different frame more travel better suspension better componants better bike, go for the 07, its also a little bit of a classic now, it was the epitome of the line until the big overhall for 2008

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if this changes anything but the seller of the 05 stumpy just dropped another $100 off making it $550.

Is it a good idea to buy the 05 and upgrade it with the extra cash?

·
for three!
208 Posts
darkest_fugue said:
it does have a different frame, the 07 was a redesigned M5 frame, and quite diferent to the frames of 05
keep in mind we're talking about the hardtail and not the fsr. The fsr had a redesigned m5 frame in 07, but it wasn't until 08 that the hardtail got the m5 frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.