Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked Manitou, no answer yet. Anyone heard the low down on what it does thats any better than what it already does???? And IF its worth buying, will it retro-fit my 04 Slider +?????????????????/ :confused:

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
I asked Manitou, no answer yet. Anyone heard the low down on what it does thats any better than what it already does???? And IF its worth buying, will it retro-fit my 04 Slider +?????????????????/ :confused:
The new piston seal supposed to have much less stiction but I'm not sure what the bladder thing is doing. Maybe it's trying to limit the air volume making the oil level less critical. Push Industries will have fork mods for the 04 Manitous soon.

To make sure you fork is working as well as possible now, check your oil level and semi-bath fluid. On my Minute, the damping oil was high (causing the spv to be harsh) and there was almost no semi-bath fluid. It's MUCH better after I fixed the oil height and added the lube.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Homebrew said:
The new piston seal supposed to have much less stiction but I'm not sure what the bladder thing is doing. Maybe it's trying to limit the air volume making the oil level less critical. Push Industries will have fork mods for the 04 Manitous soon.

To make sure you fork is working as well as possible now, check your oil level and semi-bath fluid. On my Minute, the damping oil was high (causing the spv to be harsh) and there was almost no semi-bath fluid. It's MUCH better after I fixed the oil height and added the lube.
What mods will PUSH offer?

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
anand said:
What mods will PUSH offer?
I'm not sure all the details on the Manitou mods but whatever it is, I'm sure it's good. I imagine at least custom shim stacks and seals. I'm not sure about the piston.

For Fox forks, Push will offer adjustable platform using compression knob, on-off platform lever instead of lockout and full custom tuning including improved two stage piston, just like the rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.