Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres the deal now that we have the 05 shop catalog and dealer book, here is a rundown, please ask any questions and I will attempt to answer them all:

-05 Enduro looks awesome, comes with 20mm fox 36, 36 mm stanchions, talas adjustable travel (100-150 i believe), 20 mm thru axle.
-8" rotor in front
-green anodized frame looks awesome!
-the standard models will still be available (design from 02-04) on two models, then two models with new design and s-works model i believe thats the rundown.

Big Hit:
-$2200 big hit with manitou kingpin DC fork, black stachions, TPC damping, no SPV
-Demo 8 at about $3500 w/ boxxer
-Demo 8 Pro w/ Fox DC fork

Stumpys:
-Both 100 and 120mm travel options available
-100mm versions come with fox rl
-120mm versions come with talas
-120mm version feature septune shock w/ 7 adjustable propedal levels, no lockout

FSRXC:
-same design as SJ, A1 aluminum instead of M4
-Pro model at $1700 w/ discs and triad shock

P bikes:
-P3 w/ manitou sherman fork, discs and everything looks awesome! about $1500

Epic:
-very little changes across the board, a couple of different models, base, comp, marathon and s-works.

Any questions let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Will the 120mm SJ be available on the Pro and Expert? I've been on the verge of buying a Blur, but I've been holding out to see what the new bikes have in store. I like the idea of the 120mm. When should I expect to see them at the dealer and what is the retail price for the Pro and Expert?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
hi...
first of all: excuse my english!!!
i´m german and also a bit drunk at that time ;)
i may add that there will be a s-works stumpjumper frame with 120mm in gold color (ano?)
the fsr is in fact different from the stumpjumper... no hydroform-toptube-like connection to the seattube, but a additional tube like on the epic, demo or the new 150mm enduro...
- epics stay almost the same and donnot get the carbon link in the "economie" version
-old (but best) enduro will be a available in a cheap version with mechanical disc brakes (uh!!)
-rockhopper hardtail gets the o.r.e. downtube... and a graffitilike sticker-design ( at least in the japan version
-spec still uses the spec/shimano cranksets, that means: no hone nore lx but xt and xtr in the highpriced section ... i haven´t seen hone and lx dual control nore disc brakes.
except dual control :D this looks pretty cheap to me, because the new cranksets and brakes would have been a nice feature for the midprice bikes.

facit: specialized did a good job on demo 8,9, stumpjumper and fsr...
but they messed up the enduro section...the one and only "enduro" is now the cheap bike, replaced by a 150mm version with (visual) doubtfull linkage and frame design. would have been better if they´d have made only one new enduro... 130, 150
well, at least the sx-version (bronce-ano?) looks pretty need.
..hope i didn´t bore u with "old"-news
prezel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
hi...
news from germany:
stumpi 120 will be availabe in "expert", that means fox talas, xtr and new lx-disc-brakes the color will be sea foam green (something between light blue and green).. the price??? not too much more than the 2004 bike. u might also buy the single s-works stumpjumper 120 frame in black or gold anno !
mfg
prezel :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is definitely a 120mm expert version and i believe a 120mm pro as well. The ano frames do look awesome.
As i said, the 120mm sj's will feature a new fox septune shock wth 7 adjustable propedal levels but no lockout, along with a 90-130mm talas fr fork.

The enduro SX's do look awesome. One buildkit with a 5th element coil, the other dubbed as an sx trail with a 5th air

new enduros feature a 5th element air shock as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
prezel is that middle bike the sea foam green Expert model? I don't think that color is for me. I think I read in one of the posts that the Pro model will be black ano.

MTBFreerideCT, I hope you are right that the Pro is available in the 120. Overall, I like the look, the talas, and I don't think I need the lockout.

I need a test ride!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
horns said:
prezel is that middle bike the sea foam green Expert model? I don't think that color is for me. I think I read in one of the posts that the Pro model will be black ano.
I hate that specialized is coming out with green bikes now that I'm completely satisfied with my bike. I WANT A GREEN ENDURO!!!
 

·
Two wheels are best
Joined
·
1,135 Posts
In the '05 catalog that I saw over the weekend, the SJ Pro 120 is speced with a Manitou Minute one, not a Fox Talas. It also listed full XT hydro disc brakes, XT (front uses a stout hub)/Mavic XC717 wheelset, Thomson seatpost, XT/XTR drivetrain. It comes in silver ano.

The SJ Expert 120 is pseced with a Fox Talas, Avid Juicy 7 brakes, Mavic 317 rims, LX/XTR drivetrain and comes in Black ano.

The SJ Expert 100 is nearly identical to the '04 except that the it's a darker shade of red.

There's a SJ Comp 100 and a base SJ along with a women's specific SJ 120 & SJ 100.

The base Enduro and Enduro Comp still use a '04 style frame.

The Expert (Fox 36 R Talas100-150 with a 5th Element shock, Avid Juicy 7 8"/6" brakes) is blue

The Pro (Fox 36 RC2 with the same 5th Elemnet, XT 8"/6" hydro brakes) is Charcoal gray.

The SX has 4.2" rear trave and is red/black (Fox 36 R Talas100-150 w/20mm thru axle and a 5th Element shock, Hayes HFX Mag 6" brakes).

The SX Trail has 6" rear travel and is brown/black (Marzocchi 66R single crown w/20mm thru axle and 5th Element Coil shock, Hayes HFX-9 hydro disc with 8" rotors)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Sj Pro

DM-SC said:
In the '05 catalog that I saw over the weekend, the SJ Pro 120 is speced with a Manitou Minute one, not a Fox Talas. It also listed full XT hydro disc brakes, XT (front uses a stout hub)/Mavic XC717 wheelset, Thomson seatpost, XT/XTR drivetrain. It comes in silver ano.

....
Is there also a SJ PRO 100 ?
Are there some SJ PRO pictures available ?
Do you have more specs ?

Thanks
ralu
 

·
Two wheels are best
Joined
·
1,135 Posts
The catalog I saw did not list a SJ Pro 100, only the Expert, Comp and base models in 100mm travel versions.

The color of the SJ Pro 120 looks very close to the silver ano they used on the '04 Anniversary SJ. It may not be exact, but it looks pretty close. Based on the pictures in the catalog, at first glance, it's going to be hard to tell the 120 from a 100. The geometry table listed the stand over and BB hieghts as gaining only a quarter of an inch (?).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
DM-SC said:
The catalog I saw did not list a SJ Pro 100, only the Expert, Comp and base models in 100mm travel versions.

The color of the SJ Pro 120 looks very close to the silver ano they used on the '04 Anniversary SJ. It may not be exact, but it looks pretty close. Based on the pictures in the catalog, at first glance, it's going to be hard to tell the 120 from a 100. The geometry table listed the stand over and BB hieghts as gaining only a quarter of an inch (?).
Thanks !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Pricing for the 05 Enduros?

MTBFreerideCT said:
So heres the deal now that we have the 05 shop catalog and dealer book, here is a rundown, please ask any questions and I will attempt to answer them all:

-05 Enduro looks awesome, comes with 20mm fox 36, 36 mm stanchions, talas adjustable travel (100-150 i believe), 20 mm thru axle.
-8" rotor in front
-green anodized frame looks awesome!
-the standard models will still be available (design from 02-04) on two models, then two models with new design and s-works model i believe thats the rundown.

Big Hit:
-$2200 big hit with manitou kingpin DC fork, black stachions, TPC damping, no SPV
-Demo 8 at about $3500 w/ boxxer
-Demo 8 Pro w/ Fox DC fork

Stumpys:
-Both 100 and 120mm travel options available
-100mm versions come with fox rl
-120mm versions come with talas
-120mm version feature septune shock w/ 7 adjustable propedal levels, no lockout

FSRXC:
-same design as SJ, A1 aluminum instead of M4
-Pro model at $1700 w/ discs and triad shock

P bikes:
-P3 w/ manitou sherman fork, discs and everything looks awesome! about $1500

Epic:
-very little changes across the board, a couple of different models, base, comp, marathon and s-works.

Any questions let me know.
Hi FreerideCT,
Any word on the 05 pricing for the Enduro range?? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
I saw the same dealer catalog yesterday. The Stumpy Expert 100 is a much nicer (to my eyes) more subdued shade of red. As far as I could tell the only changes are the full hydro XT disc brakes, slightly lighter 2005 Float RL fork and 120 TPI tires.

They quoted me a price of ~$2200 for this bike and availability in mid-October.

The FSR XC frame has very slightly different tubing near the seatpost than the Stumpy frame, but has the same bracing around the rear shock. Looks like good value there.
 

·
Two wheels are best
Joined
·
1,135 Posts
riverrat said:
I saw the same dealer catalog yesterday. The Stumpy Expert 100 is a much nicer (to my eyes) more subdued shade of red. As far as I could tell the only changes are the full hydro XT disc brakes, slightly lighter 2005 Float RL fork and 120 TPI tires.

They quoted me a price of ~$2200 for this bike and availability in mid-October.

The FSR XC frame has very slightly different tubing near the seatpost than the Stumpy frame, but has the same bracing around the rear shock. Looks like good value there.
The SJ Expert 120 is about $200 more than the Expert 100. Supposedly, available around the time.

I'm going to get my LBS to order me a SJ Expert 120 as soon as he can do so. Do I NEED the 120? No, it's not a must have. But, I'm going to get one anyway!
 
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top