Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I sit here with my 4 yr old on my lap looking at everyone elses retrospectives I thought that I should ad my own weak little contribution.

January-- too cold
February-- too cold
March-- We started scouting out areas to put in some trail on some nearby land.

April-- We started laying out trial, but no pictures.
May-- The real work begins. I had two trail work days during this month. Thanks to IMBA for all of the technical expertise.

June-- It's not all work and no play. Riding with my oldest on Memorial Day. (sorry for the small image)

July-- We open the trail with the PRSG mountain bike race. A good time was had by all.

Riding the Maah Daay Hey trail near Medora ND

My oldest riding our trail with Todd (A fellow trail builder) watching over her

August-- Vacation in Yellowstone and riding in the Gallitin Ntl. Forest.

And winning the Sport class at the ND championships

September-- Marking the end of the real riding season in ND

October-- We get the first snow of the year. But we still get some riding in!

November-- I get a new roadie (I destroyed my old one)

December-- Taking advantage of unseasonably warm temps.

Not near as epic of a year as some, but still eventful in it's own way. We built a trail, had a race, competed in some races, and most importantly, I got to share my passion with my oldest child. Lets hope that next year goes half as well!

Happy New Year Passionites!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Very cool 'Spokes! Great to see kids on the trail - that dad helped build! Not much more Passion can be had than that; starting future shredders off early, building trails, and helping promote/put on an event.... very full year indeed. Nice work!

glen

·
horizontally compliant
360 Posts
Nice post.

We seem to be reaching a mountain-biking "tipping point" of sorts in the Midwest, to abuse a tired cliche.

Keep up the good work!

Here's a pic of my daughter enjoying a trail that she helps maintain.

Matt

Attachments

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

My daughters helped to build our trail too. It was a family affair. Although I must admit the 4 yr olds biggest contribution was to stomp up and down on freshly cut trail, "packing" it down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.