Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive only found GF dealers who will order the bike but i have to commit to it. Im willing to drive in order to throw a leg over one or have a shop get one and me not have to commit to buying it.

Thanks

·
bike dork extraordinaire
628 Posts
aabbas said:
I've noticed this too... lots of Fisher dealers, no 29ers. Argh.
Yup.

I picked up my 05 293 this summer after scouring the south bay area, and I think I literally got one of the last ones on a showroom floor. The dealer gave it to me for a song because he couldn't get rid of it, and he wasn't going to stock any of the 06's. Until the 29" thing hits a critical mass around here, I think we're stuck.

·
bike geek
1,051 Posts
jrm said:
ive only found GF dealers who will order the bike but i have to commit to it. Im willing to drive in order to throw a leg over one or have a shop get one and me not have to commit to buying it.

Thanks
I heard a while ago (months now) that Lombardi's was stocking some GF 29ers. Can't remember if they had any FS offerings though. FWIW, Mill Valley Cycleworks still has one Medium 06 Paragon on their floor.

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The next step

The local dealer is going to try to work something out with the GF rep. I havent heard back from um yet. Ive gone over the geometry of the 293 and feel that with hardly any tweaks the bike will fit me well. Now im comptemplating on whether i should buy it without really riding it.

Thanks alot for the info on the paradon in mill creek but im pretty much set on the 293 at this point.

·
Got Twins?
297 Posts
Talked to a dealer in Sacramento...

...and he was willing to order a 29er of my choice with no commitments. You may want to call him on it. I was surprised he was willing to do it. You can PM me and I'll give you the info.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I forgot, I did see one two weeks ago at Chain Reaction Bikes in Redwood City. I can't remember whether it was a 292 or 293, and I think it might be a medium. I didn't pay much attention because I need an extra large.

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up...

I called um and Its an 04' but its a medium so i can get an idea of how the bike will fit me. Im going to go down there tomorrow and throw a leg over it. Then i suppose if it feels good ill order one through them.

Thanks again

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like fun..

sure wold be nicer then the slopply weather here. Happy new year ..mang..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts