Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought Kona was releasing the rest of their 05 line on Aug 15th, well its aug 15th and i'm impatient as hell haha. Where are they. I'm ordering the new stinky dee-lux as soon as they put it up. Hurry up! .. please

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Ride19 said:
I thought Kona was releasing the rest of their 05 line on Aug 15th, well its aug 15th and i'm impatient as hell haha. Where are they. I'm ordering the new stinky dee-lux as soon as they put it up. Hurry up! .. please
My thoughts exactly, well except for the Stinky dee-lux part.

I have been anxiously awaiting today to see what the new models. I'm wanting to build up a singlespeed hardtail and I've been looking at the Explosif, but wanted to check out the new models first.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Ya!

Jdub said:
My thoughts exactly, well except for the Stinky dee-lux part.

I have been anxiously awaiting today to see what the new models. I'm wanting to build up a singlespeed hardtail and I've been looking at the Explosif, but wanted to check out the new models first.
Site says Aug. 15. It's now 8:03 eastern time, and still no bikes. I am going to have to check again every day until their up. Hopefully by tomorow. I am exited to see them as well. It's not too cool of them to promise a date and not come through. :eek:

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,219 Posts
Ride19 said:
Stinky D probably won't be available for at least another month or two.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ILxcMTNbiker said:
Stinky D due in mid Sept. MSRP $2699 US
Not till sept for the stinky D?? why the hell...Don't they know that I want it right now?? Damnit, where did you get the $2699 price? is it accurate? I hope so i was hoping the price wouldn't change for the 05

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ride19 said:
Not till sept for the stinky D?? why the hell...Don't they know that I want it right now?? Damnit, where did you get the $2699 price? is it accurate? I hope so i was hoping the price wouldn't change for the 05
Yes the $2699 is accurate. I am a Kona dealer in Chicago area and have had the info on the 05's and the price list for a little bit now. If you have any other questions I will give you the info.

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,219 Posts
WTF is up with the Dawg line?

Looks the the Dawgmatic is the old 100mm front and rear, the Dawg is 130mm rear and 120mm front, and the Deelux and Primo models are 130mm front and back.

Am I just crazy or something, cause that's what it looks like from the pics...

And WTF is up with some of these colors???

·
Rider of Bikes
224 Posts
Ride19 said:
The owner of my LBS ordered a small '05 Stinky De-Lux for himself, and it's not shipping untill the second week in November. I'm not sure if this is the case with all sizes.

·
Registered
361 Posts
There are a lot of "cream" colored bikes. Personally, I prefer to think of it as "puke" colored. The Dawg Primo brown would look cool if it were darker...like military drab. Did Kona hire an interior decorator for retirement homes to design their color schemes this year? :p

Also, the Dawg Primo had TALAS shocks before. Why did they get rid of it? (and didn't Dawg Primos used to cost $2799 instead of $2999)?

On the upside, I like the Coilers and Stinkys.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Where is the Unit and/or any other singlespeeds?

Lighty_ said:
There are a lot of "cream" colored bikes. Personally, I prefer to think of it as "puke" colored. The Dawg Primo brown would look cool if it were darker...like military drab. Did Kona hire an interior decorator for retirement homes to design their color schemes this year? :p

Also, the Dawg Primo had TALAS shocks before. Why did they get rid of it? (and didn't Dawg Primos used to cost $2799 instead of $2999)?

On the upside, I like the Coilers and Stinkys.

·
Registered
368 Posts
shine said:
A very uninspiring, ugly line-up. That's the best they can do, make the colors uglier, downgrade a few bikes then raise prices?

Won't be buying a Kona this year.
Heh, this guy sent me an e-mail a minute ago.
I guess color is more important than anything with guys and bikes.

I used to joke with people as a bike salesman that it was always the guys in the shop most concerned with color. Girls came in and didn't care about color. Strange.

Many bikes did go up in price. Check other companies, we weren't alone. The US dollar isn't all that high in value right now, and the Euro is. Many of our components come from Europe.

Mark, by no means are we asking you to buy a Kona. There are plenty of bike companies out there that pay marketing focus groups to decide on color, and we were just out riding that day. Sorry.

Joe.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Units

Jdub,
The Unit will be online soon. The Humu DL is online now, and the frames are also coming up soon, including the Explosif. For referance, the Unit is the same color as the Cindercone, if that's the issue. Spec-wise, it's not all that different from last year's, except for the Dedacciai tubing.
Hope this helped,
Joe.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
meh...

I was looking forward to the kikapu delux, but i have to say i was a little dissapointed. the colour is less than awesome, and there is a lot of Deore in the drivetrain. It's ok though, i dought that i will buy a new bike for 2005 anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I really like the new Kona colors.The 05 Stinky is pretty cool too ,thought the Coiler's going to be the military colored one. Oh and the military font type is excellent ! The 04 Kona Stuff is still the best looking bike ever though. Wish the Coiler would have been just like that. Well I wish I had one...either one.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I don't care THAT much about color

Joe - Kona said:
Heh, this guy sent me an e-mail a minute ago.
I guess color is more important than anything with guys and bikes.

I used to joke with people as a bike salesman that it was always the guys in the shop most concerned with color. Girls came in and didn't care about color. Strange.

Many bikes did go up in price. Check other companies, we weren't alone. The US dollar isn't all that high in value right now, and the Euro is. Many of our components come from Europe.

Mark, by no means are we asking you to buy a Kona. There are plenty of bike companies out there that pay marketing focus groups to decide on color, and we were just out riding that day. Sorry.

Joe.
Personal pref (to an extent). Example I preferred the Yellow and Silver Kikapu to the Red and Silver which I have. I like my Kikapu so much i'm going to buy a Dawg 05, with 5" in the back.

The kikapu, look like the rocker arm was redesigned or provide a leverage ratio to be a bit more plush, and about 1/2 more travel?

Thanks to Kona for stepping up and sending my LBS a new Marzocchi Comp ETA when Marzocchi would not or didnt' have one. They had worked on it, sent it back, and the ETA still didn't work properly.

Question: What IS the main diff between 05 Kik Deluxe and 04 in terms of the rear ends?

thanks
You guys probaby figured with the ProPedals shocks why not eh?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.