Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Kona has always had little change in their frame design over the years. This is something people are often critical of. I dont know why... If it not broken why fix it right. Anyways the geometetry is the same, the sizing is the same and the aluminum is the same. Im going to say yes. Although One point is I saw a 20" 2004 hoss dee and the welds looked a little different. No change worth mentioning basically.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok now for the components

ok im ordering an 05 hoss dee lux frameset, i now need opinions on a full build, i will be riding mostly technical trails and xc, ive got my heart set on one a fox forx so suggestions on those would be very helpful thanks, also im looking into mavic crossmax wheels, i need to know if those are right for me, and last but not least i need to know what components other than that would round my bike out to be a really nice rig....

also im 6' 2" and 265#

thanks for all input

·
Registered
22 Posts
Regarding the fork, I had my heart 100% set on a Fox Fork myself. Long story short I got talked out of it by a lot of people (even guys at the shop). Dont get me wrong they are great forks but long run with a big rider everyone said they are not the best choice. Now im sitting still trying to decide on a fork. Im leaning towards a rock shox pike. Its cheaper, ($324.99 jensonusa) has gobs of adjustments (4-6 inches). 20mm axle and 32mm stachions (like the fox).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.