Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Fox Shox site states a Float R with 6.5" ETE with 1.5" shaft travel for the 2005 NRS. I'm away from my bike, so I can't confirm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
6.5" Eye to eye 1.5" stroke

A word of caution though, 3 years ago sent my Fox Float R off of my NRS to PUSH industries for a rebuild. There was some confusion and delay in getting it turned due to the internals of the shock being slightly different. I don't recall exactly what the issue was but it would be worth some looking into before you purchase a new shock. Believe it had something to do with the zero sag setup of the NRS.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
KingclanW said:
A word of caution though, 3 years ago sent my Fox Float R off of my NRS to PUSH industries for a rebuild. There was some confusion and delay in getting it turned due to the internals of the shock being slightly different. I don't recall exactly what the issue was but it would be worth some looking into before you purchase a new shock. Believe it had something to do with the zero sag setup of the NRS.
I believe the custom Float R on the NRS has a fixed pressure in the negative air chamber.

For this reason, maybe a Rock Shox Monarch with Dual Air would work well on the NRS. I have not tried it though, and am unsure of its availability right now.

In the past, there were positive reviews of using the Cane Creek shocks on the NRS.

·
dirtbag
1,532 Posts
I've got a Cane Creek Cloud 9 on my '03 NRS after the original RockShox gave up the ghost. I got it directly from CC, told em it was for my NRS and they sent me the correct size. Plus I got it at a discount on their upgrade program, $100 off if memory serves me.
It's completely user serviceable and I've done it it myself twice already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.