·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
comp = $1200 at my LBS

and then the pro is $1500

the pro will have to be ordered however they have the comp right there

is the pro worth that $300 more? i like the color of the comp more however

i've only been riding a year and coming off a hardtail, i need a bike that'll take me 3-4 years to break in

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Go with the Pro

Upgrades:

Rear shock
Cranks/BB
Disc brakes
addl. features on fork (lockout)

It's probably worth the extra money, if it's in your budget. If not, the Comp still specs out nicely.

Not sure what you mean about a bike that you can "break in" over 3-4 years. I'm hoping you mean it's a bike that will last you 3-4 years in terms of it's functionality and being able to handle your riding as you become a better rider. I'd say if this is the case, you have a good choice, expecially of you go with the Pro.

Clyde

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
Lee said:
comp = $1200 at my LBS

and then the pro is $1500

the pro will have to be ordered however they have the comp right there

is the pro worth that $300 more? i like the color of the comp more however

i've only been riding a year and coming off a hardtail, i need a bike that'll take me 3-4 years to break in
See my reply in the Specialized forum.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang the Comp doesn't come with a lockout option? Can you upgrade that eventually on the comp and have a lockout option?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Yes

Lee said:
Dang the Comp doesn't come with a lockout option? Can you upgrade that eventually on the comp and have a lockout option?
If you buy a shock with lockout. You can't just put a lockout on an existing shock. There goes $2-300 in upgrade money.

Ready to buy the Pro yet? Or even the FSR Stumpy as suggested by the guy in the Specialized forum?

Choices tend to get overwhelming, don't they?

Clyde

1 - 5 of 5 Posts