Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I test rode an Enduro Expert on pavement this weekend, and was blown away...

Since I can't get a dirt demo, how would this bike do for "epic" rides with lots of uphills?

How much does it weigh? The reason I ask is just to compare to other bikes I can only buy online (Yeti 575 is the main contender).

Last, the price is a bit steep...anyone had luck getting 20% or more off of retail?

Thanks

PS: I am 5'10" 195 lbs and usually ride cross country, with 1 or 2 trips to Mt Snow for shuttle runs per season.

PPS: Anyone who can compare the Yeti 575 to the Spec Enduro with firsthand experience, please chime in!!

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
IMO I think you (and a lot of people that post about the same thing) would be a lot happier with a lighter XC-type bike since that is what you ride. ESPECIALLY since you are hitting a lot of hills. If you want to go fast uphill and down look at a Stumpy, Blur, Trance(?), Flux, or even a 04 S works Enduro. The new Enduro is a lot of bike for a cross country rider (I am the same height and weight as you btw) and it really is wasted on most trails to a certain degree. The 575 maybe less so. But I would at least give some thought to the type of riding you do. If 90% or so is XC then get an XC/ trail bike! Rent a sweet bike for your twice a year shuttle runs.

Just playing devils advocate :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.