Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
I had a P.U.S.S. first!

I predicted we would see a P.U.S.S. from Bianchi when I posted my "Purple Ugly Single Speed" grocery getter project bike a few months ago. It would stand to reason that they probably trademarked every good ss name long ago. But pink, come on, that's been done so much it's hardly cool anymore. They should be making a "Purple Uber Single Speed", with top notch spec of everything. That would be cool.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Mattman said:
I predicted we would see a P.U.S.S. from Bianchi when I posted my "Purple Ugly Single Speed" grocery getter project bike a few months ago. It would stand to reason that they probably trademarked every good ss name long ago. But pink, come on, that's been done so much it's hardly cool anymore. They should be making a "Purple Uber Single Speed", with top notch spec of everything. That would be cool.
Note that the post says limited edition. I think you will see more than that limited edition model.

I would othewise agree with a nice purple like my old Fat City bike.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Bianchi SS names...

I've heard slight variations of these, but here are what I think. (not in chronological order)
B*tch*in Orange Single Speed (orange)
Bad Ass Single Speed (lime green)
Butt Ugly Sinlge Speed (brown)
Steel Idiot! Single Speed (primer grey)
Disc Integrated Single Speed (matte black)
Celeste Ugly Single Speed (Celeste)
Shiny Ass Single Speed (chrome)

·
Derailleurs owned: 0
354 Posts
color samples

1998-B.O.S.S. (Easton Elite tubing)
1999-B.A.S.S.
2000-B.u.S.S. (I think the "u" is because of the change to Easton's Ultra Lite tubing)
2001-C.u.S.S. (disc-ready frame/Bianchi would never call Celeste "ugly")
2002-D.I.S.S. (also available in 2003 as a frameset)
2003-S.I.S.S. (Dedacciai steel, watch for cracked chainstay behind chainring)
2004-S.A.S.S.
2005-?.?.S.S.

I've also seen several un-named (warranty replacement?) frames on ebay that are black like a DISS, but have disc & rim brake posts like a CuSS...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts