Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tricks to simplify aligning the cup and ball spacers and the lower shock eyelet at the shock link/seatstay pivot? I've fought this thing a number of times and there's gotta be a better way...

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
i insert the 15mm bolt just enough to get the spacers on from the drivetrain side (obviously) and use a short piece of 1/2" wooden dowel to do the same on the other side. drop the shock into the gap and push the bolt through the whole assembly.

you can use anything to hold those spacers in place, i just had some wooden dowel close to the right diameter laying around.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The other thing that works OK is to load the whole thing up with grease, allowing you to 'stick' the cup and ball spacers together. It's still a little fiddly though; sounds like 'size's idea would work best.

·
Full Monty Bike Bore
483 Posts
I seem to recall a pal mentioning that the bolts should be tightened in a specific order so as to limit wear on the shock due to misalignment. I'm not sure of the procedure tho, perhaps it's in the doco or on the Spesh website ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.