Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys/girls.
do any of you know where and when this years Mtb uni games will be held.
Last years event at Flinders Uni in Adelaide was a hoot.
I'm thinking AussieSS did it also? (i was the guy almost crying when you made me feel like i was standing still on the final climb of the dirt crit final) :rolleyes:
I will be busy with FSAE till dec 6ish and fully want to do the uni games again.
I had heard that maybe Eildon.
But i know nothing for certain.

·
Registered
178 Posts
carbonboy said:
guys/girls.
do any of you know where and when this years Mtb uni games will be held.
Last years event at Flinders Uni in Adelaide was a hoot.
I'm thinking AussieSS did it also? (i was the guy almost crying when you made me feel like i was standing still on the final climb of the dirt crit final) :rolleyes:
I will be busy with FSAE till dec 6ish and fully want to do the uni games again.
I had heard that maybe Eildon.
But i know nothing for certain.
welcome!

ah! the days of uni... only if we could be paid properly to go to uni, i'd love it!

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
paid?!! Christ, I'd be happy if my fees were cut down by 1/4........... I'll have to go hunting for a date and more info. Keep us posted.

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Those were the days

Oh man, I had a great time at the uni games when I went down to Wollongong in what, 94? No mtbing in those days, but a huge time nonetheless. Makes me consider going back to uni just to go to another uni games!

Sam

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
I'd be interested to know too. I was due to go last year, but decided against it.

I have 4 years left of uni so should make the most of doing the races.

How many did it last year? How competitive? Good fun?

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
4 years!! For some reason I thought you were just about finished......

If all goes well I'm hoping for only another 2 years or so.......

I can remember someone coming up north to hold an info sesion regarding the Uni games, but at the time I didn't realise MTB'ing would be a part of it. I reckon I've left my run a bit late. Besides, I've got a fair bit of riding to do to get back into shape......

Cheers, Dave

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Low_Rider said:
4 years!! For some reason I thought you were just about finished......

If all goes well I'm hoping for only another 2 years or so.......

I can remember someone coming up north to hold an info sesion regarding the Uni games, but at the time I didn't realise MTB'ing would be a part of it. I reckon I've left my run a bit late. Besides, I've got a fair bit of riding to do to get back into shape......

Cheers, Dave
I am in my 3rd year.

I have 2 more commerce units I have to complete in Order to get my first degree. Then my second degree, namely law will take a few more years, plus I will do Honors for my Commerce Degree. So 4 years sounds right. Then my articles another year, then my first jnr position in a firm then more time learning, reading, reading and did I say reading and then by the time of 32 (11yrs away) I will be a decent practicing lawyer (I hope). - Perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea.

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
Sounds like you've got it all mapped out then! I'm still not 100% sure which direction I'll be taking yet, but I know for sure it will be within IT or electronics. :D

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Low_Rider said:
Sounds like you've got it all mapped out then! I'm still not 100% sure which direction I'll be taking yet, but I know for sure it will be within IT or electronics. :D

Cheers, Dave.
Mmmm "IT" I seriously think there will be no shortage of "IT" people in the near future- In fact it's near impossible to get a job as an "IT" person unless you have a degree (I was working on that) and 2 to 5 years Industry experience... Most of them requirerments were for entry level jobs too :confused:

If you have somewhere specific you want to go in that particular field, you'll be ok though- WebDisign and Computer Graphics are popular and allow you to be creative and give you a "folio" to show prospective employers... I actually have a friend I went to school with, who started a web/graphic design company almost right out of highschool... lets just say he's doing well ;)

I'm looking at going back to Uni, Engineering is where I hope to go eventually, but it doesn't look good for me. Uni is too expencive... Especially since I'm looking at buying a house when I come back from Overseas; if I come back to Australia! :p

·
Gone riding
3,350 Posts
Yeah it seems computing is about to hit another "upswing", hopefully I will be finishing uni at just the right time! Web and Graphic design really bloomed a while back, but the appeal of big money has kinda enticed a few too many. Hard to get a decent job now (unless your good!!).

Apparently one of the next "big things" will be java programming for mobile phones........

I'm still really open though. I don't mind web-design, but I also like the hardware side of things too. We'll see what happens over the next couple of years I guess.

I'm only first year computing, and one of the blokes I study with has just started his own part-time web-design buisness. He's already got a couple of jobs on the go, plus he's working part time for a company developing a web-based ordering system, plus uni, plus his family.... one busy boy. I'm not sure how he does it.

Cheers, Dave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts