Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of upgrading the fork on 04 Sworks Enduro. I've got a BETD upgraded linkage on the back set at 5.5" of travel, with an option to go to 6".
Just wondering if anyone has gone up to 150mm travel up front and how this affected handling etc?
 

·
kneecap
Joined
·
1,639 Posts
I have a 130/150 mm AM-1 on my 02 enduro. I also installed an AVA sleved shock on the rear with a slightly longer travel (probably the best upgrade so far). So I'm probably getting just around 5.3/8" of travel in back. However, with the fork fully extended, the bike handles pretty sluggish on singletrack trails.
I've found best handling with the fork wound down to only slightly over 5".
So, I'd advise getting an adjustable travel fork for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kneecap said:
I have a 130/150 mm AM-1 on my 02 enduro. I also installed an AVA sleved shock on the rear with a slightly longer travel (probably the best upgrade so far). So I'm probably getting just around 5.3/8" of travel in back. However, with the fork fully extended, the bike handles pretty sluggish on singletrack trails.
I've found best handling with the fork wound down to only slightly over 5".
So, I'd advise getting an adjustable travel fork for sure.

I'm running a Pace RC40 upfront this is adjustable between 100 - 130mm. I've got it set at 130mm with 5.25" at the rear, so my exisitng set up may be the most appropriate?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Betd

Weeble said:
Thinking of upgrading the fork on 04 Sworks Enduro. I've got a BETD upgraded linkage on the back set at 5.5" of travel, with an option to go to 6".
Just wondering if anyone has gone up to 150mm travel up front and how this affected handling etc?
I was thinking about the same upgrade. The problem is making sure that the front end of the bike isn't jacked up too high, otherwise you'll put unnecessary strain on the frame and make technical climbing difficult.

I too have a Pace RC40 up front on mine and am impressed enough to consider a bolt-through version of the RC40 Fighter fork to compliment the BETD link. The Fighter has a travel adjust (which also raises / lowers the front end) between 120 - 150mm which is bang on the money for switching between the 5/6 inch inch travel modes.

Pace are releasing a bolt through version of their RC40/41 forks for 2006 and it could well be the ideal fork for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PJMatthes said:
I was thinking about the same upgrade. The problem is making sure that the front end of the bike isn't jacked up too high, otherwise you'll put unnecessary strain on the frame and make technical climbing difficult.

I too have a Pace RC40 up front on mine and am impressed enough to consider a bolt-through version of the RC40 Fighter fork to compliment the BETD link. The Fighter has a travel adjust (which also raises / lowers the front end) between 120 - 150mm which is bang on the money for switching between the 5/6 inch inch travel modes.

Pace are releasing a bolt through version of their RC40/41 forks for 2006 and it could well be the ideal fork for you.
Strangely enough that was the fork I was considering, hmmmmmmm
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top