Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an '04 Super T on my new Norco Shore. It bottoms out too easily. I weigh ~175, I don't go huge at all. I think the spring rate is fine because the sag seems good (~1"). I've read all the reviews of the 2003 and 2004 Super T's and people are talking about the oil height coming from the factory way too low. I haven't checked it yet but I was just wondering what people thought. Should I be checking oil height or playing with oil weight or putting in stiffer springs as well?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
15 Posts
Stonerxtr said:
Hi,

I have an '04 Super T on my new Norco Shore. It bottoms out too easily. I weigh ~175, I don't go huge at all. I think the spring rate is fine because the sag seems good (~1"). I've read all the reviews of the 2003 and 2004 Super T's and people are talking about the oil height coming from the factory way too low. I haven't checked it yet but I was just wondering what people thought. Should I be checking oil height or playing with oil weight or putting in stiffer springs as well?

Thanks

Paul
Hey paul...well on my 03 super t I am loosing about 1" of travel and I am going to try playing with the height and see if that works. I heard it solves the bottoming out problem as well.
To see if you are having the same problem try pulling outwards on the lower M crown and the top of the fork to see if it pulls apart at all. Mine pulls apart about 1"

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
Stonerxtr said:
I haven't checked it yet but I was just wondering what people thought. Should I be checking oil height
yes..

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Stonerxtr said:
Hi,

Thanks

Paul
Yes, your oil has ALOT to do with your problem, I am just now getting to where mine is dialed in, I wiegh 185 and had to go to the stiffer springs, and have my oil at 90mm from the top, I still bottom mine at least once on every ride, I still think I could have a little bit more oil (like a cap full) in each leg. But like evryone told me, the Marz recomandations are low, and they do come low. I bottomed mine on just a 3 footer when I first got it. You just need to raise your oil, try that first, dont go more than about 80mm from the top, and if you still bottom, then look at stiffer springs. and also, I was told that if you bottom once and awhile, thats not a bad thing, your getting all your travel. but if your still bottoming off everything you hit, then there is still more to be done. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
doubleA's said:
Yes, your oil has ALOT to do with your problem, I am just now getting to where mine is dialed in, I wiegh 185 and had to go to the stiffer springs, and have my oil at 90mm from the top, I still bottom mine at least once on every ride, I still think I could have a little bit more oil (like a cap full) in each leg. But like evryone told me, the Marz recomandations are low, and they do come low. I bottomed mine on just a 3 footer when I first got it. You just need to raise your oil, try that first, dont go more than about 80mm from the top, and if you still bottom, then look at stiffer springs. and also, I was told that if you bottom once and awhile, thats not a bad thing, your getting all your travel. but if your still bottoming off everything you hit, then there is still more to be done. hope this helps.
Hey Guys, this maybe a little off-topic but I need some idea how to pull out the spring cartridge assembly(rebound assembly-right side) for your lower crowns after you removed the top cap...I'm having problem with my 2004 Marathon S and your suggestions will help me a lot how to check it...
Thanks a lot guys...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think

If you are just talking about reaching the spring make a small hook on the end of a spoke or coat hanger and stick it down the fork if their is a washer that should get it also

·
Registered
80 Posts
How many turns is your rebound

doubleA's said:
How many turns is you rebound from closed. I think I have mine to slow is it 3.5, 4, 4.5?
Thanks if you can help me check myself.

·
Registered
80 Posts
rebound

Mtb-Freerida said:
Hey paul...well on my 03 super t I am loosing about 1" of travel and I am going to try playing with the height and see if that works. I heard it solves the bottoming out problem as well.
To see if you are having the same problem try pulling outwards on the lower M crown and the top of the fork to see if it pulls apart at all. Mine pulls apart about 1"
I called marzocchi 4 times got 130mm once 120 twice and 100 once. I have played with it alot (15 times or so) and seams to be 110 to get about 6.6", 100mm I only could get 5.5 to 6". I am not sure about the 04. WHAT IS YOUR REBOUND from closed 3, 3.5 4, 4.5? I just want to check myself

·
Registered
80 Posts
Marzocchi has a chart

Stonerxtr said:
Hi,

Thanks

Paul
Marzocchi has a chart on the web it is under trouble shoot or warenty or something like that. You will have to look and just as you get frustrated you will find it. I sware it is 105 but not sure and could be wrong. WHAT IS YOUR REBOUND SET AT from close. How many turns 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5?

·
otb club member
3,014 Posts
They do not give oil height for the 04s.

elvis said:
Marzocchi has a chart on the web it is under trouble shoot or warenty or something like that. You will have to look and just as you get frustrated you will find it. I sware it is 105 but not sure and could be wrong. WHAT IS YOUR REBOUND SET AT from close. How many turns 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5?
They only give oil volume for the 04 forks. On the 03 Super T, they show 80mm from stanchion top to oil surface for lighter riders, 75mm for heavier riders.

-Chris
http://www.enduroforkseals.com/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.