Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this bike a little over a year ago and all in all it's a great ride. I'm having an issue with the Fox Float RLC 100 however, and so far, the LBS i've been to doesn't seem to think there's anythign wrong. The fork makes a fairly loud knocking sound at the top of the travel and almost feels/sounds like either my headset or front skewer are loose, which neither of them are. I notice it especially when climbing and the front wheel is un-weighted. I'm getting the full travel and other than that knock, it runs smooth. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Funny you should mention this. I had a race this past weekend which included some x country riding across some serious grass tufts and I noticed the same thing. It almost sounds as you say as if the headset is loose. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dr jeep said:
Funny you should mention this. I had a race this past weekend which included some x country riding across some serious grass tufts and I noticed the same thing. It almost sounds as you say as if the headset is loose. Any ideas anyone?
I've tried adjusting the rebound with no success. The issue seems to worsen as the ride progresses, almost like it's worse when the fork warms up. I'm having a different LBS look at it. Well see what they come back with......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.