Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

I've been wanting a new race-hardtail for a while now, and I have narrowed my choices down to the 04 specialized stumjumper and the 04 giant xtc2. Which one is lighter? Which do you think would be a better race bike? They both have sweet specs for the price...

help me!! thanks.

·
People of zee wurl,Relax!
341 Posts
Stumpjumper

dudemac said:
hey all,

I've been wanting a new race-hardtail for a while now, and I have narrowed my choices down to the 04 specialized stumjumper and the 04 giant xtc2. Which one is lighter? Which do you think would be a better race bike? They both have sweet specs for the price...

help me!! thanks.
I'm looking at the same two bikes. I'd pick the stumpy for the fork. The fox definately makes the performance of the bike better than the giant. As far as weight goes, I've played with both at the bike shop and they feel about the same the giant is very light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you think the Stumpjumper would be a good buy? Can you give me a weight estimate? I just really want something under 25 lbs. I think that I would probably be happy with either bike, but I'm loving the Fox Float 80 RL :D . I can't believe that you can get a bike that cheap with such great components.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts